18th Birthday Party

After school, Nick came to the school and buckled Addie into her car seat, which was in my car. He then kissed me and said, "Remember you, me, drop her off with Jake." I kissed him "I wouldn't miss it." Once I got to the house I grabbed Addie and Alice said "You and Addie's clothes are on your bed, but don't come out until I come to get you." I chuckled and rolled my eyes at her before heading up to the spare room. I dressed in this. 

And then dressed Addie in this

By the time I brushed her hair and secured the lavender bow in her hair Alice came to get us

By the time I brushed her hair and secured the lavender bow in her hair Alice came to get us. She said, "Head downstairs, I'm gonna grab Bella and Edward." I nodded and grabbed Addie's hand and slowly walked with her downstairs. Once we were downstairs Rosalie said "Addie." and held her hands out. Addie pulled her hand from mine and ran to Rosalie who picked her up and kissed her cheek. Carlisle and Esme pulled me into a hug he said "Happy birthday Baby girl." I hugged them back "Thank you." I stepped away so they could hug Bella. Carlisle said "Sorry about all this. We tried to rein Alice in." Esme said "Like that's even possible. Happy birthday, Bella." Esme pulled me back over so they were both hugging both of us. There was a flash and then Alice said "Found it in your bag. Mind?" she had Bella's camera. 

Emmett nudged Edward and said "Dating an older woman. Hot." Rosalie shoved a silver package to Bella and said "It's a necklace. Alice picked it out." then handed me a present before she walked away to entertain Addie. Alice said, "Show me the love!" Edward pulled Bella into his arms as Alice took a picture she said "For your scrapbook. Now open your presents!" She grabbed both of us and dragged us to a table piled with wrapped gifts, a huge cake, and a tall stack of china plates. Bella said "Alice, only three of us even eat cake. That thing could feed fifty." Hope you're hungry. Here, this one's from Emmett." everyone crowded around us as Alice handed us each a box. Bella opened an empty car-radio box, and I opened a brand new phone.

Bella said, "Um... thanks?" I nudged her and said "Thanks Em." Em said "Already installed it in your truck. And your welcome Aqua." Edward said, "Finally, a decent sound system in that piece of..." Bella said "No hating on the truck. Thank you, Emmett." Alice said "Open mine." she handed us both a box and I opened an outfit, but Bella started to open hers but cut her finger. She said "Ouch... paper cut." I heard a growl which made me immediately grab Addilyn who was asleep and run up the stairs to hide with her. I could still see the downstairs but I had Addie against my chest to keep her asleep. I was terrified of her getting hurt. Jasper lunged toward Bella, Edward flung her behind him causing her to hit the table with the plates on it. Carlisle and Emmett held him down as Alice said "Jaz... shhh..." Bella's arm was slashed by the plate shards. Carlisle rushed to her side and said "Emmett, get Jasper out of here. Emmett. Someone find Aqua to make sure she and Addie are ok." Alice said "Aqua isn't ok, she isn't physically hurt but..." Rosalie said, "She is terrified, she is hiding upstairs." 

Emmett reined himself in, elbowed Rosalie, and they dragged Jasper out. Esme followed them out and Alice said "I'm sorry, I... can't..." Alice followed everyone outside. I finally moved into the guest room and sat on the balcony still hugging her close to my chest. I got a text from Carlisle to come to the kitchen. I slowly made my way to the kitchen and heard Carlisle say "It's not your fault. Jasper hasn't been away from human blood as long as the rest of us." Bella said, "Seems like you're the only one it doesn't affect." Carlisle pulled me to the table so I sat on it as he said "Centuries of practice." Bella said, "Did you ever think of... living differently?" Carlisle stitched her up as he said "I enjoy my work too much. Helping people, saving lives. I'm hoping there's a point to my existence, even if I am damned." Bella said "Damned?" I said "You're not damned, Carlisle." he said "Then you both and I agree. But Edward doesn't believe there's an afterlife for our kind. He thinks we've lost our souls." 

Bella said "That's why he won't... He thinks he'd be damning me." Carlisle said, "If you believed as he did, would you risk it?" I said "You want to be a vampire B?" she said, "You don't?" I said, "And outlive the love of my life no thanks, ill pass." Carlisle put a bandage on Bella before taking Addie from me and laying her next to me to make sure she is ok. Bella said "Ok but what if you were dying, then what would you choose?" I said "Depends." Carlisle said "On?" I said "Well, whats going on at the time? Is Nick alive? Is Addie still a child? Do I have any children under 18? If Nick is alive he gets to make the decision as long as all children are adults. But if something happened like a year or two from now and I was dying then yeah change me I am not missing Addie growing up when there is another option. I just don't want Nick to hate me, he like the rest of the rez doesn't exactly like this family. He only doesn't fight me on being here because it makes me happy and I am Rosalie's niece." Carlisle said "Well the princess is ok." he handed her back to me still sleeping so I kissed her cheek.

I said "I need to talk to Jazz." and I walked out, Carlisle said "Aqua." I ignored him and headed outside. I saw him sitting on a log, with his head in his hands, Alice was the only one here she said "Aqua." I said "Take the baby and give us a minute please." she said "Aqua." I said "Alice. Now please." she sighed but nodded and took Addie before walking back into the house. I walked over to Jasper who didn't even move, I said "Jasper Whitlock Hale, look at me." he looked up and I could see the pain in his eyes and the disgust with himself. I kneeled in front of him and said "Talk to me." he said, "How can you be near me?" I said "Because you're my best friend, and I love you." he took my hands and pulled me into his lap hugging me "How is she?" I said "She is perfectly fine, she needed a few stitches because Edward threw her into a table of glass, but she is fine. How are you?" he ignored my question "And you? Addie?" I said "Both me and Addie are fine, Alice has her inside and she is sound asleep, How are you?" he said, "I ignored your question on purpose." I said "And I asked it again on purpose." he said, "No, I'm not ok."

(Carlisle's POV)

I walked outside and saw Aqua sitting on Jasper's lap and he was hugging her as if his life depended on it. I said "Aqua come here." she walked over and I said "Go lay Addie down in her crib, then come to the dining room." she nodded and took the baby from me taking her up to her room. As we gathered in the dining room we heard Aqua say "Oh my sweet baby I'm so glad you're ok, I love you so much." she came downstairs. and said, "Ok I have to get the baby to Billy's in an hour what is going on?" Edward said "Carlisle I'm serious, they could have been killed we need to leave." she said "Im sorry did you say leave? Someone better tell me what the hell is going on?" Jasper and Alice hugged her tightly as I said "Edward thinks we should move on to keep you and Bella safe." she started to freak out which made Alice and Jasper hold her tighter. She immediately said, "No, no, no, no... don't... just no." Jasper calmed her down enough by trapping her arms down and pulling her to the ground.

I said, "Aqua are you ok?" Edward said, "Rosalie please tell me you're on my side?" Carlisle said, "Ok we are gonna vote, Rosalie." Rosalie said "My beautiful niece, I love you so much however I vote to leave." and she stood behind Edward. Emmett sighed but followed her, I said "Esme?" she looked really upset but went to sit next to Edward, now it was time for the inseparable three I started simple "Aqua." she escaped their hold and sat by my side, this is where the problems will lie. If Alice and Jasper choose to stay all will be well with the three but if even just one of them chooses to leave her, it won't be good for their bond or her mental state. I said "Alice." she stood behind Aqua Jasper said "Aqua, you're my best friend and I love you so much, but I hope you'll forgive me someday." then he moved to lean against the wall beside Rosalie. You could see the light die in Aqua's eyes as she stared at him betrayed. I said, "Ok 5-3 we'll leave as soon as we are packed." Aqua simply got up and headed upstairs, Alice turned on Jasper "How dare you! After all, that girl has been through and the trust she has put into you and me and you just want to leave her!" Alice ran up to their room and slammed the door closed. Aqua came down with her purse and her baby wrapped up and didn't say a word to anyone as she left crying.