Bella Knows

It has been a few weeks and Billy told Bella that Jake has Mono, the boys were out hunting a vampire but I was finally allowed to walk around, just not too far, and still can't pick up Addie or do any heavy lifting. Or pretty much anything else. I was at Emily's and she said "Can you go ask Harry if he's heard from Sam? It's been too long not to have heard from the boys." I said "Is he home?" she stayed quiet "Em where is he?" she looked sheepish "Charlies. Please?" I sighed "Fine, but you get Addie since I can't carry her and I don't want her running around the house and breaking things." she nodded and I got in the car and drove to Charlie's I knocked on the door and Charlie answered "Hey Aqua. Bella isn't here." I said "That's fine, I need to talk to Harry." he nodded and let me in. Harry said, "Whats wrong?" I pulled him to the corner by the stairs and quietly said "Em sent me, she wants to know if you've heard from the boys. We haven't and they are chasing a vampire." he said, "No, how long?" I started to freak out as I said "11 hours ago." he placed a hand on my stomach and the other on my back, "You need to breathe, freaking out isn't good for you. Have you told him?" I said "No, and I know I need to I just don't know how. I just keep thinking that he is going to be so mad." Harry said, "He will only be mad if you continue to keep it from him." Harry helped me calm down until Bella ran in we heard Charlie say "Bella? What's wrong?" she was freaking out "They're not giant bears -- I saw them. Up in a meadow..."

Charlie said, "Damn it, I told you not to go into the woods!" Harry and I stepped forward as he said "What did you see, Bella?" she said "Wolves. They're wolves, Dad." my breath caught making Harry rub my back to calm me again as she continued "Six of them. The size of - of cars. I swear. They went after... something and I ran." Charlie grabbed his phone to dial as he said "Harry, can you get some men from the rez?" Harry said "Sure. Yeah. I'll just..." and pulled me outside he whispered "Get back to Emily's now. I will do my best to hide their tracks from Charlie." I nodded and got in the car and drove off. I walked into Emily's and she said "So?" I said "Bella saw them, in the wood. She told Charlie there are giant wolves in the woods and now he has invited Harry to a hunting party." she sighed and started making muffins. We spent the day making muffins, caring for Addie, and worrying about the boys.

Jared and Embry came in late as Emily said "You guys hungry? Like I have to ask..." Em said, "Who's this?" I was coming downstairs from putting Addie to bed when Jared said "Bella Swan. Who else?" I was shocked as I sat on the bar stool as the boys beelined for the food. Em said, "So you're the vampire girl." Bella said, "And you're a... you're all..." Em said "Werewolves? I'm just engaged to one. But these animals... Save some for your brothers. Leave it to Jacob to get around Sam's gag order." Emily gave me a plate with a muffin on it as Bella said "He didn't say anything, or... couldn't." Embry said "That's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want to or not..." Jared cut him off "How bout you shut up now, Embry?" he said "You know Jacob's gonna fill her in." Jared said "Yeah, I know every stupid thought he has. Wanna know what he thinks of you?" I was trying not to giggle as I reprimanded Jared "Jared cut it out." Em said, "Like you need special powers to know that." I said "Poor puppy." causing Emily and the boys to laugh with me.

Embry said "It's another wolf thing. We hear each other's thoughts. Good for hunting. Embarrassing for everything else." Jared leaned to Bella, challenging. "Freaking out yet?" she said "You're not the first... mind reader I've met. Why didn't you tell me?" she turned on me I said "It's not my secret to tell." she said, "How come you know?" I said, "Nick told me right before you got me into the whole James fiasco." Embry grinned "Jake's right. You are good with the weird." she said "But I don't get... how? Why?..." Sam walked in with Nick he said "Because there are bad things here. And they're getting worse. Hey, Em. Trouble." I gasped "How am I trouble?" he smirked at me "He hasn't been able to do many patrols because of you." I said "No, Sue demanded the bed rest, remember I fought it." he laughed "And you lost." I said "You try to argue with that lady." he said "No thanks." I tensed up as Jake came in, not on purpose but trama man. It made Nick wrap his arms around me protectively and kiss my shoulder I melted into his embrace as Embry said "Ha! Pay up." Jared handed him five bucks. Bella headed out with Jake and I said "So what did we miss?" Em said, "Yeah, how did he tell her?" Sam said, "Technically he didn't, he told her the legend when she first arrived at Forks but it was Paul who got pissed and phased in front of her." I said, "Im just glad you didn't get shot." Sam said, "What do you mean?" I said, "She saw you guys in the meadow?" Nick said "Yeah the vampire was gonna eat her." I said "Well I was talking to Harry when she busted in Charlie's and told us that the reason hikers are coming up dead is that six car-sized wolves are running through the woods. Charlie is out there hunting for you guys, and Harry is trying to cover up your tracks." Sam groaned "Fantastic, that means we all need to be very careful."