one minute

Carter hops out the squad rig at a warehouse fire jogging over to boden and casey alongside severide.

"This is the old Triskin warehouse, looks like the door's been pried open, could be squatters inside" kelly explains, "smoke's already coming out pretty quick, we don't have long on this one, engine 51, give me a 2 1/2 in the front door truck 81, open up the back and vent the skylights, Kelly, Carter, give me that primary search" boden instructs, "you got it" kelly nods as carter runs ahead of him towards the building, "smoke's bad, get the doors down fast" carter instructs, "strike" capp says as he and hadley get the doors down allowing their lieutenants to rush in and conduct a primary search before running out to avoid the flash.

Carter watches as kelly's arm seizes up sending a wave of pain washing over him which causes him to punch his locker.

"Kelly" carter warns, "morning, lieutenants" vargas greets, "morning" kelly greets back, "hey" carter greets, "you get hurt the other night severide?" vargas questions, "mind not turning the locker room into a chat room?" kelly asks, "yeah" vargas confirms, "kelly don't be rude" carter berates as vargas swaps out his grey top for the dark navy squad top and heads out to find boden, "come on, duty calls" carter beckons as she stands up and heads to join the rest of squad on their walk into the common room with boden, "okay, everybody, listen up, today, our very own Jose Vargas transfers from truck to squad. As of now, he's officially a member of rescue squad 3" boden announces causing the room to break out into applause, "big time Vargas" mouch remarks, "make sure to bow next time you walk by" otis adds as casey walks over to shake vargas' hand, "best of luck" casey muses, "thanks, lieutenant" vargas says, "vargas, he's not your lieutenant anymore" carter interjects as kelly pats him on the back the teams splitting up when the alarm goes off, "truck 81, squad 3, house fire, 220 South Kilbourn" the alarm announces causing the crew to rush to their respective rigs.

The two squad lieutenants jump out their rig and head towards the house.

"Fire is out on arrival, hold all incoming companies, we'll do a little overhaul" kelly radios as carter walks towards the home owner, "you okay, ma'am?" carter asks, "I'm fine, I must have dropped a cigarette or something, I was cleaning out the garage, so stupid of me" the woman explains, "well, good job putting it out" carter praises as kelly joins her and looks at the car with a large with a large burn mark on it, "we were here a few weeks ago, fire in your car, parked out front" kelly says, "the car is old" the woman explains, "two fires in two weeks?" kelly questions, "bad luck always comes in streaks" the woman shrugs, "we need to check inside, make sure the fire didn't get into the adjoining wall" carter explains and the woman walks over to the entrance opening the door to allow them in.

"No heat, that's good" kelly says as carter surveys a sweet photo of the woman with a male companion, "me and my late husband" the woman explains noticing carters interest, "how long were you married?" kelly asks, "45 years, till he passed" the woman answers, "wow, what's the secret?" carter asks, "I never asked, just counted my blessings every day" the woman explains, as the two lieutenants head out, "she say what happened?" capp asks, "mm-mm" kelly says.

Squad pull up to the location of the house fire allowing the two lieutenants to hop out and greet the cop carter had got in contact with about her concerns, kelly knocks on the door and the woman answers almost instantly.

"Mrs Grady, how are you, ma'am?" kelly greets, "I'm fine" the woman answers, "we just had a few questions about those fires that you had" kelly explains, "they were accidents, I don't know any more than I've already told you" the woman explains, "we believe you when you say they were accidents we just wanna make sure you're safe" carter explains earning a warm smile from the woman, "okay, well, we just want to make sure that there are no more incidents" kelly explains, "sorry" the woman apologises shutting her door, "someone set fire to her car two weeks ago, this morning, her garage burns, she says" kelly rattles off as the cop cuts him off, "she said they were just accidents" the cop interjects, "but they weren't" kelly argues, "why do you think somebody would come after her? I mean, she lives alone, she keeps to herself" the cop protests as kelly and carter look at the group of teens across the way, "pick a reason" kelly instructs, "I think she's called you guys on those kids for causing disturbances and they don't like that" carter suggests, "until you have firm solid proof I can't do anything" the cop shrugs as the three head their separate ways.

Squad walk into the kitchen just as mills' sister Elise heads out the back door carter gives the younger woman a friendly smile and wave as hadley watches the door waiting for the young woman to re-enter the building.

"Who was that?" hadley asks, "that's Mills' sister, Elise" kelly explains as carter moves to hold the door open for elise, "wow, when is the next family picnic?" hadley remarks, "she's not gonna be interested in you Hadley" carter says as elise re-enters the building carrying 3 trays of food kelly notices and rushes over to help, "hey, let me give you a hand with those" kelly says as carter takes the tray from the top, "I'm good, thanks" elise insists, "you sure? If this food ends up on the floor instead of the table, it could cause a riot" kelly jokes as he takes the rest off elise, "you're Severide and Strand right?" elise questions, "Kelly and Carter" kelly corrects, "Peter called, said he was supposed to make lunch, he got busy, he didn't sound so great, Is everything okay around here?" elise questions as she pulls plates out, "It's just another day on the job, your brother's a good kid" kelly muses, "he is, we already know he plans to make squad eventually and he'll be a welcome addition when a spot opens up I'm actively looking forward to him eventually joining squad" carter agrees, "yeah, he is, I gotta get back to the restaurant, thanks for the help" elise says.

The three roommates all sit or stand around or in kelly's case on the kitchen island as shay rants about running into her ex.

"I mean, you should have seen Clarice's apartment, It was like a museum, all this fancy breakable crap everywhere, the place she and I used to live, there was peeling paint, dripping faucets, but it was great you wanted to hang out there all day long, you know?" shay explains as she continues making food, "will you pass me a lime?" shay asks, "yeah" kelly says as he leans over, grabs a lime and hands it to shay, "they had a floor-to-ceiling wine rack, I mean, she used to hate wine, she drank beer I loved that about her, I guess she drinks wine now" shay explains, "probably drinks it to keep up with her rich lifestyle" carter remarks, "how long did you two" kelly asks, "three years" shay says, "mm" kelly responds, "yeah, I mean, it wasn't, like, you know a casual thing, It was, uh, we were serious, or at least I thought we were, turns out I may have overestimated her lesbianism" shay explains causing carter to snigger as a knock sounds on their apartment door, kelly gets up to answer it coming face to face with nicki who hadn't been taking the hints that kelly wasn't interested in her, kelly walks back to the kitchen grabbing two beers from the fridge as nicki heads up the stairs, "really?" shay questions noticing the hurt on carters face, "no offence, I'm not taking advice from you now" kelly argues, "this is a new low" shay remarks as kelly heads up the stairs, "that's just great hours after he was with me he's off to be with another girl, I thought we were getting somewhere" carter says, "if you two stopped dancing around each other, this wouldn't happen. maybe we should see if dawson is up for a girls night with us" shay shrugs, "says the one who's ex is married to a man now. I'll be okay" carter retorts, minutes later nicki rushes down the stairs and exits the apartment slamming the door as kelly comes down the stairs moments later, the two girls raise their glasses mockingly.

The squad members sit at their table playing a card game as the alarm goes off.

"House fire, 220 South Kilbourn" the alarm announces, "220 south kilbourn" vargas says looking at his lieutenants, "damn it" kelly says as they all head for the squad truck, the two lieutenants jump out the rig spotting cruz, "what happened?" kelly asks, "molotov cocktail through the front window, fire's under control" cruz explains, "the woman who lives here, Mrs Grady?" carter questions, "with Dawson" cruz nods, the two head for the back of the ambulance to check on the elderly home owner, "she okay?" kelly questions, "yeah smoke inhalation, oxygen will clear her up" shay explains, "hey can you give us a second" carter asks, "yeah" the two paramedics agree as they walk away allowing the two squad lieutenants to be alone with the woman, "we could have lost you" kelly says pausing before continuing, "we won't go to the police, okay? I promise you that, but you gotta talk to us, okay?" carter instructs, the woman complies telling the two lieutenants that the group of teens they suspected were the cause of the fires had been making the neighbours lives hell which prompts kelly to confront them.

As promised here is your weekly wednesday update! life is pretty hectic for me at this current moment in time so updating two days a week is on the back burner for now, I can promise you'll always get your wednesday update.

Brettsey wedding is tonight and although I prefer Dawsey over Brettsey Matt deserves to be happy and have the family he's always wanted.