leaving the station

Carter and Kelly wander into the common room, the icy tension having eased a lot as boden walks into the room with two new faces.

"Hey, everybody, we have the pleasure of hosting a couple of visiting firefighters again, this is Gavin and Presley, they will be observing over the next couple of shifts" boden announces pausing briefly before continuing, "Lieutenant Casey, Lieutenant Severide, Lieutenant Strand, and the rest of the knuckleheads" boden introduces pointing at his 3 lieutenants as the two new faces finish speaking and everyone has a laugh at mouch's outburst when the alarm goes off, "truck 81, squad 3, ambulance 61, injury on the blue line, Logan Square station" the alarm announces sending the crew running.

Kelly and Carter hurry down onto the tracks getting down to assess the victim.

"What's his name?" kelly asks, "Jacob" matt supplies, "hey, Jacob, my name is Kelly and this is Carter, we're gonna get you out of there, all right?" kelly says, the crew quickly get the jack situated giving the two lieutenants enough space to safely crawl under and cut through the axel which allows them to pull him out quickly.

Carter sits in the common room quietly having been rocked by the outcome of the last call as she watches mills worried about the candidate, kelly walks in grabbing an apple he leans over peering at the stove.

"Works better if you turn on the heat" kelly remarks taking a bite out of his apple as mills rips the trash bag up out of the trash can and carries it outside, carter follows watching as the candidate breaks down she walks over and wraps him in a warm hug shedding her own tears managing to get him inside when the alarm goes off, "truck 81, squad 3, ambulance 61, heart attack victim, dearborn and elm" the alarm announces causing the concerned and upset lieutenant to head for the squad.

The two lieutenants get out the squad and survey the scene.

"Cruz! You get that aerial up in that tree now" boden orders, "I can get close, but there's a lot of branches, I don't see a clean path" cruz says, "well, then we make one, Vargas!" kelly instructs, "on it" vargas confirms, kelly tosses the saw up to vargas who cuts a clear path allowing carter to head up the aerial and attach a rope to the man's harness, "hey! he's alive!" carter shouts as the man groans, "get him down here fast!" gabby instructs as the branch holding the man cracks further, "Severide! move get her back" boden instructs which sends kelly running as carter struggles eventually managing to drop the rope bag, "grab it! grab that rope!" carter instructs, "got it, Carter!" otis shouts as he and mouch tie it off, "set!" mouch shouts, carter pulls out her knife and cuts the rope which allows mouch and otis to lower the man down safely.

Carter knocks on the door to her, kelly and shay's shared apartment scantily dressed after a failed date, kelly swings the door open frowning at carter.

"Forgot my keys" carter shrugs sauntering in she heads straight for the fridge pulling a beer out, "he was looking for something long term and all I wanted was something fun" carter explains sliding a beer over to kelly, "no I hear you, keep it short and sweet that's my policy" kelly agrees, "this is why you're the only man who can get me into his bed" carter muses as kelly calls shay telling her not to come home for a while, he heads back to carter capturing her lips in a searing kiss as he lists her causing her to wrap her legs around his waist before he lets her down getting pushed back onto his bed by her as she takes her dress off leaving her in just her lingerie as he carefully climbs on top of kelly watching his injured shoulder as she rips his shirt open, "you're wild girl" kelly remarks, "you love it" carter teases.