god has spoken

A distraught Kelly marches into the hospital pulling an equally distraught Carter along with him who carries fresh clothes for gabby and shay as they reach boden.

"Is that her? Is that Shay?" kelly asks, "let them do their job" boden instructs acting as a wall to stop kelly and carter bursting into the room where shay was being treated, "Kelly, Kelly!" boden warns, "I want to see her" kelly demands, "right now, there's nothing you can do" boden says as the young couple stop fighting to get to their shared best friend, "what are they, what are they talking here? she's got a head injury?" kelly asks, "how bad is it?" carter asks, "I don't know" boden explains.

The rest of the crew arrive at the hospital one by one to camp out in the waiting room and matt comes rushing down the corridor watching as the two closest with shay pace the floor.

"If anybody can find a way to rally, it's Shay" mouch announces, "the other driver, this tow truck, was he D.U.I.?" matt asks, "no, breathalyzer came up negative" otis reveals, "stupid freak thing, truck blew a tire" mills adds, "what about Shay's family?" casey asks, "mom's in Tacoma, dad's in Baton Rouge, I left a message for them both" kelly explains, "I spoke to her sister she can't leave work so she asked for updates and she'll call me if she hears anything from their parents" carter explains as she stops pacing and sits down, "every thought, every prayer needs to be directed down that hallway, all right?" boden instructs.

The young couple show up to their next shift still filled with worry.

"This house needs a run, big-time" herrmann announces as gabby enters the common area, "hey, Dawson" mouch greets as matt walks over and hugs the woman as the two squad lieutenants stand up from their chairs as the pic and truck lieutenant pull out of their hug, "Shay?" kelly asks, "she's still in ICU, but the brain swelling subsided, and she won't need surgery or the I.C.P. catheter, they're hoping she's out of the woods" gabby explains, "just spoke with Chief Hatcher. In the absence of Shay, candidate Peter Mills will fill in the vacated post in an E.M.T. capacity" boden explains, "for how long?" gabby asks, "till Shay's back in this house" boden says, carter jogs towards gabby with kelly following hot on her heels, "hey, dawson" kelly greets, "what else did the doctors say?" carter asks, "It's a head injury, they're hoping to get a better indication of where she's at in the next 24" gabby explains as the two let out large sighs, "hey, she looked a little better" gabby reveals, "you saw her?" kelly questions, "yeah" gabby confirms, "they told us no visitors" kelly says, "I wasn't a visitor, I was getting examined myself" gabby explains as she begins to walk away the two follow after her, "you're right, I'm sorry, sorry, sorry" kelly apologises, "how are you doing?" carter asks, "great, thanks" gabby says, "the thing is, me, Carter and Shay had a disagreement right before she went on shift, more so me and shay than her and carter" kelly explains, "yeah, I know, she asked if she could stay at my place for a while" gabby explains, "yeah, but in light of things, I think she should come back home after she's discharged, we'll take care of her" kelly explains, "I mean, that's her call to make, but I'm not really worried about that right now" gabby shrugs, "me either, I'm just concerned about her injury. it's her choice where she wants to stay after she gets discharged" carter agrees, "of course, yeah, I just want her to be okay" kelly explains, "yeah, me too" gabby agrees watching as the two squad members walk away towards the locker room, carter watches as kelly opens his locker pulls out a blister pack of pills and pops one, "hey, I know it's not my place but I thought we could do some research on rehab units or speak to some other doctors to see about the recovery time and alternative treatments" carter suggests, "I'll think about it" kelly muses pressing a kiss to the top of the young woman's head as they head out to the common room when the alarm goes off, "truck 81, squad 3, ambulance 61, woman trapped from unknown cause" the alarm announces.