ambition

The two squad lieutenants enter the locker room opening their lockers as casey exits the locker room when shay walks in very cheerfully as she taps kelly's back.

"Hey" shay greets, "hey" kelly greets back as carter changes into her work pants, "giving us a strip show there honey?" kelly teases causing carter to stick her middle finger up at him as shay sits down on the bench, "so, me and tk are off and running" shay says, "for what?" kelly asks, "I went to the doctor's office this morning and got my hormone shot" shay explains, "oh, yeah" kelly realises, "yeah" shay agrees, "how you feeling?" carter asks as she pulls her lieutenant shirt on, "fine, yeah, it's not affecting me at all, just, uh, it means the window for ovulation is gonna be in the next couple of days so will you please be there with me, and, um, as soon as these say that I'm good to go, me and tk gotta get to the clinic and perform our respective duties" shay explains, "I'll make sure my schedule is free" carter assures, "sorry, I'm just, I'm really excited and a little nervous" shay explains as she stands up, "we can see that" kelly points out, "yeah, all right" shay agrees, "hey, we're really excited for you too and we'll be here to support you" kelly says causing shay to giggle as she heads out, the two head into the common room instantly heading to the popcorn tin that cruz is holding, "uh, Strand, Severide, I think Capp's looking for you two" otis says causing carter to frown, "no, we just left him" kelly explains as the paramedic candidate walks in staring at the loved up couple as kelly's right hand has a firm grip on carters side guiding her to the table watching as otis attempts to chat up the woman when the alarm rings out, "engine 51, truck 81, squad 3, ambulance 61, industrial accident, Racine and 15th Street" the alarm announces which sends the crew running.

The crew move debris out the way as they try to free the crushed man.

"Let's get the spreaders" matt announces which causes the squad lieutenants to shake their heads at him, "forget the spreaders, get the torch in here, we need to cut this beam" kelly instructs capp, "copy that" capp confirms as he heads towards the squad truck, "wait, why, why don't we try and lift it?" mills asks, "It's too unstable, anything shifts, and it'll all fall right back on top of him" kelly explains, "which will complicate the rescue and further injure this man" carter adds, "hey, is there anything flammable in these boxes?" carter asks the well dressed man, "no, miss" the man confirms, "need water over here" severide instructs as capp hands him the mask and the torch, matt and carter look around and spot a category 2 flammable liquid, "Severide, kill the torch!" matt instructs, kelly looks in the truck lieutenants direction, "what?" kelly asks as a spark flys off the beam setting the liquid alight as it travels to the further barrels causing an explosion the truck crew grab the extinguishers from the truck and blast the flames, "Is it out?" kelly asks, "can't tell, I need to get in there" matt says as he bends down to check, "It's still smoldering, this can go up again any second, we gotta move him" matt says, "I didn't make it through the beam" kelly reveals, "wait, wait, how about this?" mills asks as he carries a large beam over, "nice thinking Mills" carter praises, "It's worth a try, Hadley" kelly instructs hadley to help him as they slide it under and lift it which in turn lifts the beam trapping the man, "quick thinking, candidate" kelly praises, the squad lieutenant duo stand by their rig talking to mills, "so then, what's the difference between an oxy/acetylene torch and an exothermic torch?" mills asks, "for starters, an exothermic will cut through a solid block of concrete" kelly explains, "cool" mills nods
as kelly shuts the compartment door, "yeah, here, let us show you what else we use" kelly instructs as the two take mills round to the other side of the rig as the truck crew pull out the warehouse leaving the candidate behind which causes him to run back around trying to catch them, kelly and carter join mills chuckling, "they'll get over it, come on you can ride with us" carter says opening the door to the cab for mills to hop in, back at the firehouse, the couple walk hand in hand down the corridor when the paramedic candidate Tara Little joins them, "hey, Kelly, Carter, right?" Tara asks, "yeah" kelly confirms, "we have a mutual friend, Jennifer Robinson? she tends bar at Cubby Bear" tara explains, "oh" kelly says, "she said to say hello to you two" tara explains, "okay, yeah, tell her we said hello" kelly instructs, "nice woman" carter says, "will do, It's nice to have a connection to two people here" tara nods, "yeah, it's a? it's a great group at 51" kelly muses, "I'm sure that you'll fit right in, Shay and Dawson taking good care of you?" carter asks, "yeah, I actually have some copies to go make for Dawson right now, so I'll see you later" tara explains, "sure" carter says as the woman walks away.