two families

The crew begin to pack up their gear after attending a fire at a kindergarten.

"Okay, everyone, listen up, everyone on scene will have a baseline drug test, today" boden announces, "happy thanksgiving" herrmann remarks, "hey, chief, Dawson and I didn't go down there" shay protests, "I don't care, anybody on the premises, we're gonna want to know how much any of you may have in your system" boden explains, the two female roommates send each other a look knowing that kelly could get caught as the two head over to discuss it, kelly stops them in their tracks an icy tension clear between the two lieutenants, "hey" kelly greets the two, "hey" shay greets back, "I may have taken something this morning" kelly explains, "toradol?" shay asks, "stronger" kelly muses, "what?" shay asks, kelly pulls out a packet of strong painkillers causing shay to scoff, "Michael Jackson couldn't have handled those, where'd you get those?" shay asks, "I don't even wanna know at this point" carter shrugs, "will it show up on the test?" kelly asks, "will these narcotics show up on a drug test?" shay asks angrily, kelly walks away carter following to head into the truck.

Carter sits in the common room watching the parade when kelly, tony, boden and vargas enter.

"Drug tester's on his way, and again, this is mandatory" boden announces, "so Carter how did you spend your thanksgiving, well you see I was working but that's not a bad thing and I had to get a drug test" carter remarks earning laughter from the room as boden introduces a young boy who mills makes an effort with before herrmann takes over heading to give him a tour when the alarm goes off calling out truck and ambo, "hey chief why don't I finish giving Ernie the tour" carter offers motioning for Ernie to follow her, "that was awesome" ernie remarks as the truck and ambulance head out, "always is, now you go get that tour" boden agrees, ernie wearily follows carter back through the doors, "this is the kitchen and common room if we're not out in the garage we're usually in there" carter explains leading ernie down the corridor, "that is the locker room and the communal showers but that's pretty boring so if you follow me down here, this is Lieutenant Casey's office he's the truck lieutenant so he's in charge of all the people on truck. I personally like to hang out here because Casey's my best friend and we came up through 51 together, and the office next door is mine and lieutenant severides, we're the squad lieutenants so we're in charge of everyone on squad, it's pretty fun" carter explains, "that's cool" ernie nods, "this is the bunk room but the lieutenants sleep in their quarters so I don't sleep out here" carter explains showing the bunks, "how do you still hear the alarm?" ernie questions, "it's pretty loud so it's hard to miss it and this office is chief bodens and this here is the bullpen" carter explains, "so chief is the big boss?" ernie asks, "got it in one kid" carter nods as she leads him back to boden before heading to her shared office.

Carter sits at her desk with headphones in working on side gig work on her laptop when kelly comes in and takes a seat at his desk taking a phone call when the drug test guy sticks his head in causing carter to pull an earphone out.

"You Severide and Strand?" the man asks, carter nods and the man tosses both lieutenants a pee pot each, "fill em up" the man instructs, "will do" carter confirms as kelly kicks his desk, "hey, look I'll find a way to get you out of this mess even if I have to drag Shay into helping" carter offers, "saving my ass again, strand" kelly remarks, "just like old times nothings changed" carter muses, "come on let's go to chow" kelly instructs, carter allows him to pull her along to the common area with him before taking her seat next to shay instead of her usual one next to kelly, "I put it down, and I don't know what I did with it" kelly explains to the drug test man, "I haven't had to go yet so you're just gonna have to keep waiting!" carter shouts over as the man hands kelly a new sample pot as kelly takes it and takes his seat again as the alarm goes off, "squad three, truck 81, engine 51, ambulance 61, home residence, fire, 6542 cook street" the alarm announces, the crew put out the fire quickly everyone desperate to make it back for dinner, as squad take a drive via carters suggestion to help kelly take his mind of the impending drug test.

Carter jumps out the truck at the same time as kelly when the drug test man hands them both a new sample cup.

"Uh coming right up" kelly informs, carter enters the communal bathroom with shay knowing they'd find kelly in there the two corner him and prevent him heading into the stall as carter hands him a filled sample cup, "you owe me, you owe us both" carter days turning on her heel and heading out the alarm going off just as the two women exit the bathroom, "squad 3, truck 81, engine 51, ambulance 61" the alarm announces, "hey, sorry it took so long" kelly says as he and carter toss the man their pee samples and head to the squad, each team working hard to clear the accident scene and get the victims out, carter takes her seat next to shay again at the table for a third time, "great shift, men, ladies, proud of all of you" boden praises, "Leon, your time is here" boden tells the turkey as he prepares to carve, "hey, uh, chief, maybe another name?" cruz asks, "sure" boden agrees, "call it Jenkins, the piss guy" mouch suggests causing the group to break into laughter, "jenkins it is" boden announces as he begins carving it, "you'll be pleased to know that all your tests came through negative on meth or any other drսg" boden says causing the two squad lieutenants to look at each other, "dig in!" boden announces causing havoc as the crew fight over food which is soon forgotten about to do a toast.

Sorry for the lack of update on wednesday it's been a hectic week I've been super busy so here's part 1 of a triple update to make up for it.