nazdarovya!

Kelly sits on a bench in the middle of the locker room watching as Carter changes into her navy shirt and her squad jacket when Eric Whaley walks in.

"Morning" whaley greets, "morning" kelly greets back, whaley hands him a small brown paper package, "you still work on boats?" whaley asks, "yeah" kelly confirms as he opens the package, "boater's key" whaley explains, "thanks" kelly says gratefully, "you probably already got one, right?" whaley asks, "always use another" kelly shrugs, "I was out of line last shift, so, uh, that is half a peace offering and carter, I'd like to apologise for bringing you into the unnecessary drama" whaley apologises, "accepted, the other half?" kelly asks as carter gives whaley a grateful smile, "a bribe" whaley admits making kelly chuckle, "these things cost 7 bucks, man" kelly says, "fair enough, look, now that I know what really happened between you and Renee, I'm thinking she's probably been letting the guilt beat her up this whole time, I got no right to ask this especially with you being in a new relationship now, but I think if you reached out to her, it could go a long way towards turning things around, cause like I said, man, we don't hear from her, look, this is her cell number, at least I think it is, It's a computerized voice, I've left messages" whaley explains, kelly cuts him off, "Eric, I don't even really know what I would say, so maybe it's just best to leave the past in the past" kelly explains, "maybe even just hearing your voice might make a difference" whaley defends as he walks out, "I think you should try it'll bury the hatchet and I'm happy to be with you along the way if you want me to be" carter muses pulling on her jacket, "I'd like that" kelly agrees, the two remain in the locker room as kelly holds carter close to calm himself when the alarm rings out, "engine 51, truck 81, squad 3, ambulance 61, possible drowning" the alarm says.

"We were playing and all of a sudden, Patrick fell in!" a small boy explains as the crew jog towards the lake, "please, help my son" the father begs, "how long's he been under?" boden asks, "three minutes, maybe more" the father clarified, "let's get that straight-frame to the edge of the lake right now" boden instructs, "exactly where did he fall in?" matt asks, "right here, he came up for a second, then he went right back down again" the father explains as the truck crew place the straight frame in the water and kelly attaches a line to his diving gear, "keep feeding me line until I hit bottom, then allow 6 more feet every time I tug twice, all right? when I tug three times, I've got the kid" kelly explains as he heads down into the lake, "please, god, please find my boy!" the father begs, "sir just hang tight we will get your son back to you" carter assures, "all right, he's at the bottom" hadley reports, the crew watch on tensely as they wait for kelly to tug the line, "three tugs! he's got him" hadley announces, the crew rush over to help pull kelly and the boy up, "medics, get ready, mills go with the ambulance as back up" boden instructs as kelly surfaces with the boy in his arms, "sir stand back whilst we get your son to the medics" carter instructs the distraught father, "oh, my god, Is he alive? Patrick!" the father shouts watching as they rush his son to the ambulance.

Squad walk into the hospital to check on the boy.

"Hey" shay greets as her two roommates join her at the desk, "hey" kelly greets back, "how's the kid?" carter asks, "good" shay says, "yeah?" kelly questions, "yeah, got him warmed up, his BP is stabilized" shay reports, "thank god" carter says as the father walks up to the trio, "lieutenant?" the father asks, "hey, I just heard the news, that's great" kelly muses shaking the fathers hand, "yes, thanks to you guys, I just want you to know, uh, I didn't, my son was in that water, and I froze. I, I did nothing" the father explains, "sir" kelly interjects, "I don't know why I just stood there, I wanted to move, but my feet wouldn't" the father explains, "listen to me, I've been to thousands of accident scenes, and you never know any given day how someone's going to react" kelly explains as the two lieutenants lead the father away from the desk, "yeah, but I did nothing, he's my son, and I did nothing" the father explains, "actually believe it or not you did the right thing" carter reveals, "that's cold, dangerous water, you went in there, we'd have been rescuing two" kelly adds, "If you hadn't shown up" the father begins, kelly cuts him off, "but we did, and now your boy's gonna be fine, and you're gonna be here to take him home, okay?" kelly instructs, "okay, thanks" the father says walking away.