Chapter 14

"It is not desirable to walk dressed like that in a house where two men live."

"I... I thought you were at the airport."

Vanessa turned again to get her coffee, and the next moment she heard a woman's voice behind her.

"What's up, baby? Who are you talking to?" The voice paused for a second and continued talking, apparently to Vanessa. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

Vanessa smiled devilishly. She unbuttoned her shirt discreetly. It opened slightly, revealing a tiny part of her breasts. Then she finally took her cup and turned around. Leaning against the counter, Vanessa took a sip from the coffee. "I live here," she answered, looking at Cole's chick from top to bottom. "And you are?"

The girl, there was no denying it, was very beautiful. Her skin was chocolate brown, and she had a slender, tight body, even though she wore a robe that covered it. Her hair was well-groomed, long, and straight, in an ombre from dark brown in the roots to blond.

"Cole, who is this girl? she asked, running a hand through his arm. "Is she wearing your shirt?"

"Go back to the bedroom, Andrea," Cole ordered without even looking at her. "Now."

The girl didn't say anything and left the kitchen.

Cole approached Vanessa slowly. He stopped at a span distance. But she could feel his breath.

She could feel his scent.

Her body trembled as a result of his closeness.

Cole stared straight into her eyes. "Don't play with the fire, Vanessa," he said in a low voice.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Cole."

Vanessa also didn't move her eyes away from his.

Cole moved even closer to her and began buttoning her shirt. "You know very well what I'm talking about."

Vanessa put her hand on his, stopping him from buttoning the last button. "Isn't your girlfriend waiting for you? Probably naked in your bed?"

That was a new game. The question was, who would get burned?

Cole pulled his hand away, grabbed Vanessa by the chin, and lifted her face so that her gaze met his again. "Don't be late for work," he told her, then walked out of the kitchen.

Vanessa closed her eyes and stood that way for a few seconds. Then she shook her head as if trying to deny something to herself.

Shortly afterward, she returned to her room and drank her coffee, lost in thoughts.

What was this man doing to her that her body was responding in a way she couldn't control?

A knock on the door spoiled the silence.

Vanessa got up from the armchair and opened the door. "Becks, come in. Good morning."

"Good morning, Nessa." Rebecca entered the room. "Hey, this shirt looks better on you, you know that?"

Vanessa rubbed her eyes. "It was the only garment I found last night."

"Yeah, I didn't think of that. Sorry. Well, at least good thing that Cole probably had forgotten to take it. The dry-cleaning boy leaves all the clothes here. We'll change that practice, don't worry." Rebecca put a few dresses on the bed and sat down next to them. "How did you sleep, Nessa?"

"Very well. Are these for me?"

"Yes, choose something if you want for work."

"Oh, yes, thank you. My dress is not very suitable for the office. Neither this shirt..." Vanessa looked down at it, laughing.