Prologue

In the crowded hotel lobby right after his press conference, the mayor could hardly have been seen alone. But that didn't bother her at all. Patience was one of the most essential qualities in her work. And not in vain, was she one of the best ones.

And this time, she didn't even have to wait long.

An hour later, the mayor and his wife were having a private conversation at the bottom of the lobby. Probably because of that, no one dared interrupt them.

It was difficult to say whether they were talking about personal deals or whether the topic of their conversation was about the emerging career of a newly elected mayor. But nothing could ruin their excitement—neither the crowds who stared at them nor the noise nor even the annoying journalists who constantly filmed them.

Suddenly, the mayor's wife's smile turned into a terrifying grimace, seeing the red dot on her husband's forehead. But before she could scream, the mayor slumped dead to the ground. 

The crowd started screaming frantically, running in all directions. The man's relatives were sobbing from above him, and numerous guards were trying to find out where the shot had come from.

At the same time, on the roof of one of the opposite buildings, she calmly put her sniper rifle in the bag. Slowly, she walked down the stairs and went out into the street through the back entrance of the building.

A few steps down, her phone rang.

"I have a new job for you. Interested?"

"I'm listening," she answered.