Breaking The News

"Here are the documents you wanted." Daniel said as he put out the paper in front of her.

"Thanks, bro." Shaira smiled.

Daniel and Shaira were enjoying their lunch in the cafeteria.

Shaira day was going well. After last night's conversation with her brother. Fortunately, she has not had any interaction with her brother this morning as she sneakily went outside way too before school time just to not face them.

"So, after you get the signature what are you going to do?" Daniel asked sipping his coke.

"Honestly, I don't know! I have part-time jobs, but they are not enough for me to get a rented apartment and it would be more difficult to find it till I am officially 18" She sighed. She really would be on her own after he signed the paper.

"You could stay with us; you know that very well, but your damn ego would not let you anyways it does not matter because I would force convince you to live with us."

He passed a sickly sweetened smile to her.

Shaira smacked his head from behind.
"We will see that." She said

The playfulness she had is always with and for Daniel because she knew he would never hurt her.

"I have class now, so bye!" Shaira said collecting her stuff.

"Disadvantages of being in AP class for every subject." He chided.

"You should be happy that even if you are stupid at least your friend is smart" She smirked

"I know why Dad love you more than me" Daniel pout.

She laughed at him and went towards her class with a smile. These moments are the only precious things in her life. She thought.

"See weird fucking nerd has lost her mind too. Smiling like a freak." Costella, the bitch of the school.laughed at her with her minions along.

Shaira had her fair share of bullying. Bullying is mild word for what she had faced. Its was physical abuse. This started three years ago when she was new to this highschool. Now from the single punch here and there. She and her bullies had came to the kicks punching and bruising her all over.

"Leave me alone, Costella." Shaira said. Her eyes clearly shown nervousness.

"Now the bitch speaks. Let's tell her girls what she would get to order us around." Costella sneered at her. She held Shaira by her neck giving her scratches here and there with her acrylic nails.

Shaira eyes turned with the lack of oxygen in her system.

"Next time don't speak or else." Costella sneered at her and left her neck. Shaira gasped taking in all the air she could and fall on her knees.

Just this year. After that she would be safe.

.....................
Shaira had come to home now. She has washed and cleaned as well as put her largest hoodie that Daniel gave her. She often stole his hoodies from his house because she felt safe in them

She was pacing around in her room. Today Dexton was at home. She could take his signature today or she will have to wait for another week as he will go to business trip this night only.

"It's now or never. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. So, let's do this." She thought.

She had already covered the bruises on her neck with make up. Just some scratches were visible which has been covered by her long hairs.

He will not notice it and even he did he would clearly ignore that. I am damn sure of it. She thought
She opened the door and went to his study.

In her 17 years of life she had never had the nerve to enter her eldest brother room. Although he never said anything outrageous to her but neither he stop his brothers to do that. So that make it more complicated.