A Vanidestine

"These are the files you have asked Mr. Dexton" Paul, Dexton's personal secretory told him handing over the files.

Dexton was working in his office. The days were very hectic, and the constant persuasion of Mr. Garner had tired him. Maybe Shaira was right about him being a baboon. Dexton skimmed through the pages of the file regarding his brother's future endeavors. The responsibility as a big brother was immense. As much of a hypocrite as he sounds but that was true. Although his brothers never asked him to do anything for him, but they were Vanidestines. Wasn't it enough for him to protect them? Then again, Wasn't Shaira a part of Vanidestines too?

Dexton roughly turned the papers of the file. Looking up straight at Paul, He asked, "Get me the bank account details of Shaira Vanidestine."

Paul's eyes flickered for a moment. He had been working for Mr. Dexton for about 7 years now and he knew how inclusive his boss was with every matter related to Shaira. He had never seen him so riled up but nonetheless, he nodded.

...

"Her account money has never been used, Sir" Paul said passing the tablet to Dexton. Dexton had expected it. He sighed.

A girl who loves to be independent and away from any debt. She would have never used the money of someone whom she considered a stranger.

"She worked in a cafe for past years and it's just two blocks away from our building." Paul said nervously. Paul respected Dexton a lot for his worth ethic but it would not be wrong to say he was equally terrifying. He could never tell his boss that he was a regular there and every morning coffee for him has been made by his little sister.

Paul had never seen Shiara before. She was always hidden in the family. Everyone knew about her but never talked about her. No one in the media had a single photograph of her. He would not want to say but it looked like she was a social stigma for them. He came to know her face recently when Dexton ordered him to personally take down the video of her. He was shocked was an understatement. He remembered rubbing his eyes and zooming in and out of the girl's face just to confirm that she was the same girl. As Paul remembered the girl from the cafe as a smart kind and lovable kid with very few words.

He could not have imagined that the girl screaming and crying in the video was the same as her. He could not help but get teared up the next time he saw her in the cafe. Her eyes had dark circles with a hint of red, but her smile never faded. That day he just sat there for a long time sipping his drink looking at the hardworking child.

"Keep an eye on her. I want every detail of her schedule." Dexton said looking out of the window. Paul's eyes furrowed.

"Won't you go there to check up on her? Now that you know it." Paul asked slightly irritated. He knew this could make his boss angry, but he was willing to take a risk. 

Dexton spared him a glance and again looked at the cloudy sky. His eyes were showing regret, restraint and remorse.

"I wish, I could Paul."

...

Shaira was sitting on her bed with the blankets on. Today was a very long day. The on-and-off fever easily tops that, but not in a very good way. After completing her shift, she directly came home and took a hot shower to relieve some stress. She was so tired and lazy to dry her hair that she just sat in her bed with wet hair. Her homework was done as she had pulled that during her shift. She needed to save time as much as she can. She sighed and twirled her pen across her fingers as she was solving some extra questions for math from different books which were actually beyond the school level. The thought of Sebastian being the only person with every advanced class irked her.