Home- thats what they called it

The school was over and Shaira canceled the plan of going to Daniel's house due to obvious reasons.

She is now sitting in her room Ezra did not come to take her to school which she was super glad for.

Now looking in the mirror she did not even know if she could go to dinner without getting caught or not. Seeing his brother's faces yesterday. She is not up for any other "the talk".

As usual, the knock was heard.

" Tell them I am not coming down today!" She said to whoever was on the opposite side of the door.

5 mins later.

"Miss, Mr. Alkov wants you at the dining table. He asked me to drag you down if you don't come." Vanedestine's estate bodyguard knocked on the gate again.

Why can't they just leave me alone? She thought.

"I will be there. Just give me ten mins!"
She sighed and put on makeup to hide the mess on her face which was certainly impossible. But after her work, only a little blue of her eyes and a busted lip are shown which she thought of covering with her hair.

"Let's do this." she mumbled.

....................

Coming into the dining area, she silently went for the farthest chair possible like always.

Sge was just going to sit on that chair, her older brother interrupted.

"Sit here," Ezra said with his pointing to the next chair from him.

Shaira's eyes widen.

Why today god? Just why?

she whined.

"I am quite comfortable here." Attempting to grab her favorite seat right now

"I was not asking Shaira." Ezra demanded.

She just want to punch his face right now.
There's no way in hell she could sit right there and hide her brilliant face, but she could not do anything.

She pulled her hoodie cap closer to give her face more security. If you know what I mean.

A very useless act to save her.

She pulled the chair near them. She went for some salad. As she was just about to eat it. Maximus was going to put bacon on her plate but she abruptly stop his hands catching the attention of every one.

Maximus' eyes furrowed demanding an explanation.

"I am severely allergic to any kind of meat." Shaira countered looking at the piece of bacon.

As she said that awkward silence filled the dining table.

See that's why I was not sitting here. I can't even eat my dinner. She huffed.

She huffed
In reality,

Everyone looked at her again.

She put her head down to avoid any further embarrassment. She was startled when Ezra took her hair strand and tucked them behind her ear and rubbed her cheek getting a big fat layer of concealer on his thumb and a hiss from Shaira.

"Dude, what the hec-!"

Shaira jerked backward but lost her balance and got unbalanced from the chair but before she could touch the floor. Ezra pulled her up with only one hand.

She breathed a sigh of relief before gazing at her brothers but found them looking at her with their jaws clenched.

She abruptly check her hood and gasped when she realized it was gone.

Fucking brilliant

"It's not what you all think." that's what her first words were after being caught.

Ezra took his handkerchief and dipped it with some water to clear her face first.

"What the heck do you think you are doing," she said.

"Can't you just shut up for a sec?" Ezra chided.

After the multiple layers of concealer was removed. Her pale baby skin was clear with a lot of bruises.

"I knew it. Bring me the first aid kit and you- shift to the couch first" Ezra said

Shaira is wordlessly nodded.

.............

The Vanedestine family was agitated and angered like wounded lions they were oversensitive about everything.

"I am coming to school tomorrow. That bastard had to pay." Dexton said. His jaw clenched and his gaze was dead set upon her little sister's face.

Maximus who was sitting next to her when Ezra was still treating her face but took her hands and folded them in a certain manner with the thumb outside the fist.

Shaira stared at him as if he was some kind of weirdo.

"Next time even if we settled the score right. If you see that person, punch the fuck out of the person." He said covering her tiny fist with his big hands.

"Like I would hit her. She would kill me for sure and if I did get out alive, it will leave a dent in my report card" she scoffed.

The atmosphere tensed.

"You don't have to worry about that. I will handle it including Maximus' advice but only for this time." Dexton said.

"I want to ask you all something" Shaira said

"What?" Alkov asked.

"Did all of you by any chance not that I want it to happen, but still by any chance got into some teeny-weeny accident and bang your heads somewhere?" Shaira said with utmost curiosity shining in her eyes.

There was a moment of silence.
She did it. She literally dug her own grave.

But before she could change the topic. She heard Ezra and Maximus laugh. Even Alkov has put his hand on his mouth to control the laughter. Dexton was just amused but a tiny smile appeared on his face.

"I was right. you all had gone crackheads for sure" She stared them at with wide eyes which make them double over laughter.

They never knew their little sister could be so amusing.

Let me recorrect that they never tried to be close to her to see what she is like.

"Is it about annulment papers?"

Which made the laughter dies down instantly.

"Are you going to lure me into some kind of family affection and then hurt me all over again?" She asked her voice cold.

What else could it be of this sudden behavior change.

"Ira!" Dexton said.

"No! That's not fair. I did not do anything. I don't deserve it and if this is not the case then what? Is it some kind of sick joke" She screamed out.

"What do you think of us?" Dexton asked.

"Bystanders" she replied.

"What?" Maximus asked.

"Bystanders, who love to watch me wither in pain" she said her eyes showing no emotions.

Her brothers could not counter her words.
She abruptly stands up.

"Don't treat me as a part of your family because I am clearly not. As much as painful it sounds that you all will not get your daily dose of entertainment from me anymore but it's true and Dexton I want a clear answer next time- am I getting the papers or not." She said looking straight to her eldest half-brother and went to her room.

They will not get to play with me this time.

So this is it about the chapter. I would love to know your thoughts through comments so pls do comment like share ...

Ly bye.