An Angel

Shaira was up and about. Tidying up her room. She smiled looking at now cleaned room. She felt at peace. Today was the last day of her entry submission. She needed to positive for positive things to happen. Her smile became dim thinking of taking one more favour from Vanedestine but she decided to halt today. Her mind had always been the overthinker.

She took her bag and keys and went down to the dining table. She was late of her usual time but still early for any of Vanedestine to come in kitchen.

She didn't know when and how Ezra will come to school today but one thing was sure. If he had told her that he would come. He would come for sure. Her relationship  was still difficult and complicated but something's have changed.

She was afraid to say it that they had gone in good direction.

The kitchen staff was here. The new staff was very good to her but she still insisted to make her own food. She had never been dependent on someone to cook her meals and now, she liked it like that. So she decided to make a simple breakfast with smoothie and bread.

She was hurriedly packing her lunch as vanedestines would be here anytime soon. She did not have time to make something for lunch today. So she decided to pack bread and jam in lunch too.

She swiftly settled on bar stool and started gulping her smoothie. As clumsy as she was, she chocked on her food. She was coughing when a rough hand came behind her back and rubbed her back.

"Eat slowly Ira. Noone is going to take it away from you." Shaira eyes teared because of coughing.

As she was settled down. Dexton put a cup of water in front of her. Shaira was so caught up that she immediately took the cup of water from his hand and started gulping.

When she calmed down. She saw Dexton was still rubbing her back and his eyes glistening with care and warmth.

Shaira had never imagined something like this. If someone would had told her that she would be getting attention from any of them. She would have straight up laughed at their face but life seem unexpected to her now.

"What are you looking at?" Dexton asked as he noticed her staring.

"Nothing."

Shaira answer was arbitrary. She was in deep thought. Her feeling were haywire as always.

"What are you eating?"

Dexton voice had a edge which immediately make Shaira eyes furrowed.

"Breakfast."

"Why are you eating only half a bread? Is the staff is not treating you well? Where is your lun-"

Dexton did not complete his sentence when he opened her packed lunch with a single slice of bread.

"Is this your lunch?"

Shaira abruptly stood up to take her tiffin from his hand but Dexton just put it higher with his arms streched upwards.

"Give me back my lunch."

Shaira said as she tried to get her lunch back.

"Is this all you are eating for lunch, Ira? Where is that pathetic kitchen staff?"
Dexton word was calm but his eyes showed hurricane. Shaira was scared for a second. She abruptly stood back from him.

"Calm down. I made them go away. I had always make my lunch before and I wanted it to keep it that way." Shaira sighed. She really did not wanted to get attached to anyone here. After all she would be leaving here soon. She just wanted to have her breakfast and ran to school.