Your dad?

"I think, I heard something wrong, can you repeat it for me?" Shaira said nervously.

"You heard absolutely right. Your legal guardian is dad" Dexton said.

"Wait a minute! I thought it was handed to you 4 years ago" Shaira exclaimed. Getting signature from Mr Aestus is impossible.

"Yes but he took it back a year ago." Dexton said calmly but Shaira was fuming. She was not a thing which could be handed to one to another.

"And You did not even think to tell me about this." Shaira said gritting her teeth.

"Why does it matter?" Dexton said.

"It matters because its my legal custody dammit!" Shaira said standing up from couch.

"Shaira" Dexton said sharply.

"I am not a commodity which could be handled down so easily. I am a person for god sake! " Shaira said her eyes glassy.

"It does not matter because I have given it to our dad." Dexton said.

"Our dad?" Shaira scoffed.

"Shaira! You are crossing the line." Dexton fumed

"No, it's the truth. He is not my dad not because I don't share blood with him but because he did not want a daughter who would always remind him of his loss" Shaira said

Dexton was once in life was stunned. He could not counter her. When Shaira did not hear anything so she sighed.

"See Dexton, just don't make me hate all of you more than I do. I have apologize enough. I have begged enough for your love. Now, I knew that I don't deserve it so let me go. You very well know I can't even face Mr. Aestus, let alone have a talk with him. So please get my paper signed from him." She said her eyes teary

As she turned around, she saw Mr. Aestus standing there which stunned her but she regain her senses and ran up to her room.

...............

Shaira was in her music room. Having a rich family has its perk but Shaira believes it would never be equivalent to family love she deprived of- yet she was at least thankful to them. At least they did not left her in some orphanage.

Sometimes when we are in hard times and we have to choose between two most bad situations. We still have to find some good points in both and stand on one ground. After all, that's the life, it will not wait for you and that's exactly what Shaira believe.

She would not say it was easy rather it was brutal but she still had best clothes to wear, best education, best facilities and everything which normal people in her situation would never have.

Shaking her head from her thoughts. Shaira stood with violin in her hands.
She had to practice for her upcoming competition. "The Annual pristine musician". If she grabbed it this would be cherry on top on her evaluation card. Extra merits never hurts right?

Playing the strings was her second favorite work because first one would always be reading about business ventures in magazines with her favorite drink on the side. She loved business most after all.

Getting up to the last verse of her rhythm. She silently put her violin down. Giving it a slight touch.

" Its nowhere near perfect. What the hell I am doing?" Shaira sighed. The sound was good but nowhere it is used to be. She was convincing herself that maybe because of pressure of a lot of things these past few days.

"Well, that sound very good to me" Shaira heard someone from the gate.

"I can do a lot better than this." Shaira said looking straight at him.
It sounds mocking to her.