My Darkest days

"So did you write something in the journal which I gave you?"

Shaira's diligent therapist asked. Mr. Sordo was looking at her intently. She was back for her weekly session in the psychiatry department of hospital. His eyes are full of confidence. She knew she could not escape it .So she put the blank journal in front of him.

Dexton's health was fine and she was embarrassed that she overreacted to it. He was quite normal this morning. She had personally checked his temperature too but Now, he was back to being in health- that meant-his bossy side has also returned. Her eyes snapped towards  Mr. Petrovic when he  knocked her side of the table.

"Shaira? Are you here?"

"Oh-yes."

"So what's the reason for not writing anything?"

"Because I don't want to share something with the notebook when I have you."
Shaira said being cheeky.

She didn't know where this confidence had come but she wanted to sway from the topic. It was clearly not working as her therapist raised one of his eyebrows demanding an explanation.

"Well-" Dr. Sordo smiled,"I am honoured to hear that. So, if that's what you want. We will do that too but, on a serious note, I want a solid reason, Shaira."

Dr. Sordo said. Although his smile was intact but his voice showed the seriousness. So she decided to give him the truth if that's what he want.

"I simply didn't have time."

Shaira said. Her voice trembled a little.

"I have a lot of work to do. My final exams are here. My music competition's finale preparation. My part time job and in between this, spanning a lot of emotional turmoil. I always passed out on my bed as soon as I reached my home. I don't even know why and what I am doing at this point. My life has always been only one goal- straight up A's. Outstanding college and then my career but now everything seems blurry, Doc. I am tensed. My heart constricts every time something happens and worst of all- I have no control over it."

Shaira said in one go. She didnot know why she said all of that but it felt so good finally venting it out.

"Well that is fine, Shaira. Almost all the people get a little pressure sometime or another but that definitely doesn't mean that you overwork yourself. I am glad that you told me the truth." Dr. Sordo smiled.

Shaira shoulder sagged in relief. The last thing she wanted her doctor to be talking about any illness she had. Even if she had something- she doesn't want to know about it. She just wanted to heal that without knowing with the help of Mr. Sordo.

"So let's talk about something new. How about this competition that you are talking about?"

Dr. Sordo said looking at her. Shaira eyes sparkled as she told her about her music competition. She didn't realize when she became so comfortable with him that she actually told him about the Daniel and family. About how she find Sabrina.

"Then, how about your family? Shaira. What do you like about them?"

Shaira smile faltered as her cold eyes resurfaced. She put the her tea cup down as she met Dr. Sordo eyes head-on.

"They are good."

Shaira said pulling up a fake smile. Her mind put up the images of every time they did something bad  just to  break her heart.

"You don't mean it."

Dr. Sordo said. His keen eyes were solely on her. After treating enough patients in such a short time, Dr. Sordo knew how difficult it would be for someone to open their heart.