Chapter 10: The New Satan's First Victim and New Promises 🍋

Alright everyone you know the drill.

Now regarding Peerage Members, I already have an idea for who the Queen, a bishop, knight, rook, and pawn. So any suggestions?

Better buckle up cause this is gonna be a chase.

Oh, and the song at the top, its just a good edit to one of my favorite songs trying to match the version from Michael Bay's Transformers. I'll let you know when to play it if you want to listen to it while reading.

============================================================================

Observation Day in Kuoh Academy had ended, and everyone was gathered in the Underworld. The ORC, Devil May Cry, Four Great Seraphs, and many High Ranking Devils were gathered to witness the new Satan. Y/N was currently backstage nervous, with only his father standing next to him.

"Dad," Y/N said panting, "I didn't know it was going to be this nerve racking."

Vergil merely smiled, and pat his son on the back. They could hear Sirzechs on stage giving an announcement briefly explaining the history of the Satans. It was only to warm up the crowd before the man, or Devil, of the hour showed up.

"You have more than earned this title," Vergil said looking at his son, "If your Grandfather were here, I'm sure he would be proud of you. You only have to keep being yourself and others will follow."

"I only got this far because I had a number of people to fight for," Y/N said, looking at the curtain, where the crowd was hidden from his sight.

"And those people will fight for you in return. Never forget that."

Y/N nodded, only to hear Sirzechs announcing, "And with the most recent events that have transpired, I proudly present our new Satan, Y/N Sparda!"

"Go get them, and remember, we are all here for you," Vergil reassuringly said before teleporting back next to Gabriel. Y/N nods to himself, and walks out to the stage, where many Devils, his family and the Four Seraphs were in attendance.

Y/N tool Sirzechs' side, and shook his hand, "Thank you Sirzechs, I truly am honored to have this title, even if I feel like I don't deserve it."

"Oh please, you've prevented another Great War, saving the lives of many among the Three Factions. You are a natural born leader with how you control the battlefield when you faced Kokabiel. More importantly you are helping us make peace with the Angels," Sirzechs said, putting a hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"You make good points, but nonetheless, I'm honored to have this opportunity brought to me. Only the future is gonna be quite the party."

The crowd starts laughing and Y/N keeps talking, "We may not know what the future holds, but there are powers that might. If they say it is set in stone, then let us seize our own futures! Bring peace together, as Devils, Angels, Fallen Angels, and many more Factions out there, so the world can live in peace together!"

This got the crowd riled up in applause cheering and clapping as he continued, "If we want to survive, then we must survive together, and face all to achieve our peace, and preserve it!"

The crowd stands up, chanting the name, "Sparda!"

Sirzechs manages to calm the crowd down, "Wonderful speech, no doubt you've practiced it."

"Oh Satan, no. I only said that because there are those I wish to spend my days of peace with. Ones that I love, who also deserve to live in peace after what they went through," Y/N says with his eyes darting to each member of his harem.