SS:2 Part:1

Walking down the stairs, he could hear the chattering of the crowd turning faint as he approached closer. The crowd of his subjects stood alert and quiet at his arrival.

Barrister babu Anirudh Roy Chowdhury entered in all his glory. He stopped in front of the majestic chair settled in the middle of the crowd before making a swift turn. He threw one glance with his cold eyes at each one of his men, they all stood tall and expressionless, awaiting a command from him.

He sat on the chair; one of his hands resting on the armrest, his legs were crossed. The well polished shoes adorning his feet shone under the sunlight.

"Kaha hain woh?" His sharp tone cut through the silence that was being maintained since the time he stepped in.

One of his men came forth, dragging a woman with him. She was dressed in a yellow saree, her hair seemed disheveled. Her hands were tied at her back and she was struggling to set free from the man's grip on her arm. Her face was covered with a black cloth.

"Kya karna hain iske saath malik?" The man asked Anirudh.

Anirudh was keenly observing her when he heard the question directed at him. He moved his eyes towards the man, threw a smirk at him before gesturing him to bring her closer. The man did as told. He lightly pushed her forward before submerging back into the crowd.

The woman was not prepared for the push, she lost her balance and fell to her knees. She had landed close to Anirudh's feet.

"Kon ho tum log? Kyu laye ho mujhe Yaha?"

Anirudh looked down at her as she started speaking. His hand that was resting on the armrest of the chair moved to the first button of the white shirt he was wearing underneath the blue vest coat . Uncrossing his legs, he leaned towards her as he unbuttoned the first two buttons of his shirt. His another hand held the mask hiding her face.

He breathed out a heavy sigh before yanking the mask off her face. She squinted her eyes, trying to adjust to the sudden exposure to sunlight.

Anirudh grabbed her jaw, and forcefully made her look at him. She blinked once, twice then narrowed her eyes at him, trying to recall if she has seen him before. Her mind answered no.

"Bondita...Das"

He took her name, it surprised her but what surprised her more was the way he took it. The way he said Bondita sounded normal, however; when he said Das, he said it with anger and hatred dripping from his tone.

"Barrister Babu"

One from the crowd spoke up, causing Bondita to widen her eyes.

This intimidating man in front of her was barrister babu, the one her thakumaa could give anything to kill. And she has been brought as a captive to tulsipur, the enemy village of her own village, krishnanagar.

Author's note: are we prepared to witness a dark ARC??