SS:2 Part:2

Bondita roamed her eyes through the darkness in the room she was locked up in. She had just woken up and the first thing she felt was pain. She was having a terrible headache. Her arms and legs were free, but she couldn't move nor contemplate anything for the first few seconds due to the painful headache. Now as she tried to find an answer to where she is, she could only see darkness but she realized she was in a room. There was one window and a large door, both locked from the outside. She tried to recall what had happened to her. Her mind stayed blank for a while, before all the memories from earlier came flooding in.

She had been kidnapped from the station and presented as a captive to the infamous and feared Barrister Babu of Tulsipur; after which he called her name and when questioned by one of his men that why did he kidnap her when he has always kept women and children out of the enmity, he had answered that she's a special case and he did not think it is necessary for him to explain his actions to anyone. Then, another man was brought in as captive and he had left her jaw, his attention travelled to the other captive. She had witnessed him taking his gun out and shooting the man dead. It horrified her but not as much as why the man was killed. Anirudh Roy Chowdhury had killed the man for disobeying him.

Barrister Babu is ruthless, she concluded.

As she came to her conclusion, the door opened with a thud and he walked in. He walked closer to her, his shoes announcing his arrival. Bondita was laying on the floor, too tired to move. She looked up at him as he bent down to his knees, caressing her face ever so gently. She was simply blinking her eyes at him but he could see the terror in those orbs. He smiled at her.

“Are you scared, baby?"

He asked her. His voice was so soft that for a moment, she thought it wasn't barrister babu but someone who only looked like him. She lightly nodded her head.

His smile widened and his hand went to her head, now caressing her hair while his other hand went under her knee. He picked her up in his arms, walked towards the door and out of the room. They were walking down a long corridor and she was staring at him all the while. He stopped in front of another room. Opening the door, he walked in. She was still in his arms, looking around the room he had just brought her into. She brought her eyes back to him. He was still smiling softly at her. She furrowed her brows at him. He just sighed before leaning in to place a kiss at her forehead. She closed her eyes feeling his lips coming in contact with her skin. She felt something soft under her head. Opening her eyes, she realized he had placed her on a bed, and he himself sat quite close to her. Her right hand was clasped in his while his left hand played with her hair.

Was she dreaming? She couldn't believe that he was acting so gentle and soft with her. However, it didn't take long for the dream to come to an end. The smile on his face disappeared. The gentle movements of his left hand turned rough as he gripped her hair tightly in his fist, making her let out a hiss in pain. She attempted to bring her right hand to her head but he was faster in grabbing her wrist with his free hand, breaking her bangles. Tears fell from her eyes because of the pain.

“You should be"

The whisper in his dark voice sounded louder to her ears than the clang of a grandfather clock.

She was right. He really is ruthless.