☘︎ 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

𝐉𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐦

I’m breaking up with you.”

I was stunned.

Frozen on my spot.

Stupefied.

I think at this very moment, I lost my ability to move.

It’s Christmas eve and I just sneaked out from our family gathering just so I can see her.

And it’s always like this. Just the two of us.

‘Cause I’m in a secret relationship with her for a year and a half now, so this isn't something new for me.

'And now I’m hearing this?'

B-Baby, what’s wrong?”

She looked away, “It’s not about you, it’s.. about me.”

I was finally able to sigh in relief when I heard her say that. I shook my head before chuckling.

Okay, baby. That’s funny. But enough with that famous break up line already. That’s pretty old. And besides, babe.. it’s Christmas eve, not April fools, but I gotta give you credit for the effort,” I nodded twice then reached out to hold her hand, “But hey, you gotta give me credit too ‘cause I’ll be greeting you first..” I gave her my sweetest gummy smile, “Happy 20th monthsary, baby—” my smile faded instantly as I felt her removed my hands holding hers, and when I looked at her in question, she was just blankly staring at me.

I’m serious, Jennie.”

I could only stare at her dumbfoundedly.

Now I can see clearly, even just from the light illuminating from the nearby lamp post and the lone moon in the sky, as I look at her face I can tell that she was really dead serious.

I tried searching my clueless mind for the answers of the flooding whats and whys in my head.

'Am I hearing this right? What did I do? Why is she breaking up with me all of a sudden? Why’s she doing this?'

But nothing seemed to be working properly in my useless system right now.

My eyes started to get blurry. It’s so chilly tonight and it feels even chillier without the usual warmth from her eyes.

W-Why?” my voice broke.

Again, the only answer I got was her tearing her gaze from my questioning ones.

I squeezed my eyes shut and inhaled sharply, trying to calm myself and preventing my tears to fall from my eyes.

So the rumours are true? You and Jisoo? You’re together now?”

That’s when I got her attention yet again. Her eyes are frantic, restless. A fucking confirmation.'Wow, Jennie. You’ve been so stupid!'

I-I’m sorry, Jennie.”

I bit my lip, hard that I think it might bruise.

Do you still.. love me?”

She looked down this time before shaking her head, “I-I’m sorry, I’m really.. sorry—”

Goddammit Lisa! I don’t need your apology! I need you to.. to just tell me the truth! Just please tell mebecause I..” I couldn’t help it anymore. I burst into tears and my chest started tightening and I felt myself struggling to breathe, I know I’m sobbing hard now but I couldn’t care less.