☘︎ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈 : 𝐓𝐨𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐭

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐎𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞?"

☘︎☘︎☘︎

"Why, Chae?" Jennie asked, looking up at the blonde, with the answers already circling in her head.

Chaeyoung sighed heavily before letting her shoulders fall but she didn't respond. She didn't know how to properly answer the brunette.

"It's them, right? Your bestfriends?" Jennie asked yet again, rather slowly before swallowing the lump on her throat.

She was only answered with a weak smile from the blonde, making the brunette sigh. She wanted to hear her voice. Chaeyoung's been avoiding her the past few weeks and it's killing her.

"Seulgi.. Irene's girlfriend, your friend.. she was drunk last night and she.." Jennie trailed off, "She accidentally told me, how you.. how you feel about me," She hissed before biting her lip, "..she said it's because of.. 'them', why you're.. avoiding me.. and why you're holding back." she poked her cheeks with her tongue, not knowing what to say next. She wanted to cry seeing the blonde struggling to hold her emotions before her, because of her.

Chaeyoung, unable to look at her, looked up as she bit her lip to prevent herself from sobbing and her tears from falling.

"Can I atleast.. hear you say 'it' before you move on from me?" Jennie's lips quivered as she said it, it almost sounded like a desperate plea.

Eyes still fixed on the darkening clouds up the sky, Chaeyoung sniffed with trembling lips as she blinks away her tears but she failed, she couldn't stop them when they started cascading from the sides of her eyes.

At this very moment, she wished she could just be selfish. She wished she could just betray her bestfriends and tell this girl what she truly feels.

It's very disheartening when she first noticed that her two bestfriends started liking Jennie, moreso, when they finally told her and confirmed her assumptions about their growing interests towards the same girl.

It's sad how she wouldn't be able to fight for her own shot at Jennie because she needs to do the right thing.

Lisa just lost both her parents and her only aunt that's been so obsessed of power took control of all their family business ordering her to go back to Thailand to help her but she refused 'cause they've never been in good terms, whilst Jisoo was disowned by her parents after her sexuality was exposed by her own younger brother, Kim Taehyung.

They're both living with the blonde and Chaeyoung is their only rock now, that's why she couldn't let them down.

Lisa has a weak heart since birth whilst Jisoo's been suffering from depression due to the unacceptance of her lovedones. Chaeyoung and her family has been trying to help the both of them.

She wouldn't dare to add up to the pain that they're bearing right now. They wouldn't be able to take it, they can't lose her, it'll break them both to bits.

Jisoo knows Lisa likes Jennie too and vice versa. And their relationship as bestfriends hasn't been very good since then, it's like Chaeyoung is their middleman, their ultimate glue to get them to still stick together since they've no more family left.