Chapitre Cinq

"Four million yen! You spent four million yen on a fucking tea set?" My Uncle screamed at me as I walked into the house after letting Tadeo out. 

"I fell and knocked it out of someone's hands so I had to pay for it. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it," I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking. He seemed extra angry today.

I didn't get time to register him approaching me before I was thrown to the ground. I went to get up but my uncle grabbed the front of my blazer and hoisted me up roughly, getting in my face.

"If you ever, touch your account again, I will freeze your card and kick you out of this god damn house!" He spat at me, making my eyes burn from the tobacco he was chewing.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again," I quivered.

I fell to the ground when he punched me in the face. "I didn't say you could talk! Get out of my fucking sight!" He screamed at me.

I scrambled to get up and ran up the stairs. I could already tell it was going to swell.

Once I was in my room I touched the skin underneath my nose to see if I was bleeding. I was.

I went to my bathroom and leaned my head forward over my sink and pinched the soft part of my nose. I breathed deeply through my mouth as I waited for it to stop bleeding. 

After it stopped bleeding I examined my face a little more carefully. My left eye had started to puff out and swell, a bright red color that would no doubt become a purple color later.

I jumped when my phone started to ring. I fumbled with it and flipped it open pressing answer.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mathieu! It's Tamaki, and I was just letting you know to clear your schedule for Friday because we're holding a ball. Then the host club boys are going to gather at my estate and we're going to have a sleepover!" He suddenly started to list off.

"Wait, how did you get my number?" I asked in confusion, his rambling going right over my head.

"Kyoya pulled it from the school's records, anyway," He started off again.

I zoned out slightly as he talked. I could hear him, but I couldn't comprehend anything he was saying.

"Oh!" He suddenly shouted, startling me slightly, "If you're not doing anything now, do you want to come over?" He asked.

"My uncle is really strict, I don't think I can," I started hesitantly.

"Oh, alright then. Well, I'll see you tomorrow!" He chimed before he hung up. I sighed and crawled into bed. 

Tadeo trotted into my room and joined me under the covers. He licked my face a couple of times before he rested his head on the pillows.

I couldn't wait for this weekend. My Uncle had a business trip so I'd have the whole house to myself for the weekend and the week after.

I quickly got ready for school the next morning and slipped out of the house without being noticed. I got to class and sat down at my desk. I was surprised I was there before Kyoya was.

Tadeo laid at the side of my desk while I worked on other school work. 

"Mathieu, are you alright?" A smooth voice suddenly asked, making me jump.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I squeaked, seeing Kyoya standing at my desk.

"You have a black eye," He pointed out skeptically.

My body froze. I had totally forgotten about it.

"Oh! I must've forgotten about it this morning. When I got home I fell into an end table and the picture frame got me on its way down," I lied nervously, scratching my neck slightly.