Chapitre Treize

I showed up late to the host club, having to finish up some work. I didn't want to have any homework during the exhibition.

When I got there the twins had somehow wrestled me into a minty green dress, white tights, and some red heels. They put extensions in my hair and put them into low pigtails.

"Why are we dressing like girls?" I huffed. 

"So Haruhi doesn't leave the host club, we want to show her that she has brothers and sisters," Kaoru explained. I rolled my eyes. If I knew Haruhi I know that she came to Ouran with a goal in mind and some girls are going to make that change. 

"She's not gonna leave," I stated.

"You don't know that," Hikaru said.

"Yeah I do," I said matter-of-factly as I walked out from behind the curtain, a polar bear plush in my arms.

"Awe! You're just so adorable!" Tamaki gushed, hugging me tightly.

I felt my face instantly heat up. We hadn't exactly talked about that moment on the beach yet.

Tadeo nudge my calf and my knees buckled, making Tamaki gasp as I slumped into him. 

"Mathieu, I'm sorry, are you okay?" Tamaki asked. 

I nodded, slightly dazed.

Tamaki put me down on the couch gently and I looked over at Kyoya. It took a lot of will power not to lose it. How the hell did they get him into that dress?

I covered my mouth and chuckled. 

"It's not funny," Kyoya growled.

My chuckled turned more into a giggle and I shook my head. Tadeo came over and put his head in my lap. I scratched behind his ear, making his leg kick.

"Places!" Kyoya suddenly called. 

We all got into position. It took a lot not to laugh at everyone's ridiculous costumes.

The doors opened and the twins stood up. "Ouran!" Sang Kaoru and Hikaru.

Then Mori stood up, his tambourine jingling. "Ouran!" He sang lowly.

I covered my mouth as Kyoya stood up, the fan in front of his face. "Ouran!" He sang.

Honey sprung up. "Ouran!" He sang loudly.

The lights flickered on and Tamaki stood up, his arms outstretched. "Ouran!" He sang, rolling his r's.

I just stood up from the couch as they sang.

"Host Club!" They all chorused.

"Ouran Host Club, Eh?" I added at the end.

"Welcome back Haruhi!" Tamaki said, twirling over. I could tell the other girls looked mighty offended.

Honey ran up and grabbed Haruhi's hand. "Look Haru-chan! I'm a princess now! Aren't I cute?" He giggled, holding up his dress a little and dropping into a courtesy.

The taller one gasped with disgust. "What is the meaning of this! Are you trying to make fun of womankind?" She shouted.

I facepalmed.

"What? That's not it at all. Everything is going according to plan. Our strategy is guaranteed to make even a crying child smile. It's the freebie campaign!" He said dramatically, twirling around.

I started to feel slightly dizzy so I sat down. Mori handed me a glass of water while Tamaki and, who I learned to be Benibara, went back and forth.

"Isn't that a great Idea? Aren't I pretty?" Tamaki asked Haruhi, batting his eyelashes.

"We're the Hitachiin sisters! Which one of us is prettier?" The twins asked, their voices higher-pitched. Haruhi looked lost and utterly confused. 

"I'm just teasing you," Hikaru said while Kaoru giggled.