Chapitre Dix-Sept

"Just blame it on Tadeo, no one can resist that cute little face," I suggested.

"So you're just gonna blame it on the dog? Just like that?" Tamaki gasped.

"I mean, yeah, if anything, Honey will probably be less inclined to be mad if it was Tadeo. Then we can just have it sent out for dry cleaning," I explained with a shrug, picking up Honey's tea-soaked Usa-Chan.

"He's waking up!" Tamaki gasped as everyone went to hide behind the couch. I set Usa-Chan down and stepped to the side. I wasn't that scared, but sometimes Honey-Senpai can be a bit unpredictable. 

"Who got Usa-Chan dirty?" He growled, an angry look on his face.

"Sorry Honey-Senpai, the twins were chasing Tadeo and Tadeo ran under the table and knocked over the tea cup. We're going to send it out for dry cleaning and have Usa-Chan ready for you before club time is over," I reassured him.

He stared at his dirty rabbit for what felt like ages before he looked up at me with an innocent face. "That's okay! Accidents happen, I'm sure Tadeo didn't mean to," Honey said sweetly.

Tadeo ran up to Honey and leaned up against his legs. Honey giggled and bent down slightly to pet him. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Wow, I can't believe that worked," Haruhi whispered.

"When in doubt, blame it on the dog," I whispered back. Haruhi smacked my arm and I let out a chuckle.

"Anyway, I have to go for the day, you guys have fun!" I announced before I took Tadeo and left the music room.

When I got to the music room the next day I found that Honey had gotten a cavity and there was a strict no sweets ban in the Host Club. 

I sat down on one of the empty love seats and let out a sigh of relief. My back was unbelievably sore from falling down the stairs this morning. Well, more like being pushed down them, but it feels the same none the less. 

"Cou Cou, Tadeo," I smiled, cupping his face and flopping his ears side to side.

"Look, Takashi! My cavity is all better now!" Honey called innocently, looking better than he had the other day. 

"You sure?" Mori replied, not looking up from his book.

"The swelling has even gone down!" Honey chirped, prancing his way over to Mori.

"Has it?" Mori hummed.

"So? Do you think I could have a piece of cake? Just one? Please?" Honey begged, only to be met with an ice cold popsicle to the mouth from Mori-Senpai, making Honey freeze.

Honey let out a sharp wince and held his cheek, jerking away from Mori.

"You're not fully recovered yet," Mori stated dully, walking away with the popsicle. Tadeo Followed Mori, looking up at him as he silently hoped Mori would drop it for him. Mori looked over at me and I nodded. Mori lowered his hand and gave the treat to tadeo who practically swallowed it without chewing, coughing slightly.

"Tadeo, chew it!" I laughed, watching as he spit it out only to eat it off the ground. I let out a soft chuckle and shook my head.

"Hey Mathieu," Honey said softly, sitting down next to me. He had the biggest pout I had ever seen on his face.

 "Hey Honey-Senpai. Are you doing okay?" I questioned gently.

His lip started to quiver before he spoke. "Am I a bad person?" He asked tearfully. 

I shook my head slightly, "No, you're a pretty good person to me," I reassured, rubbing his back slightly while Tadeo put his head in Honey's lap. 

"Then why is God punishing me? What did I do wrong?" Honey trembled, petting Tadeo slightly.