Chapitre Six

It was the day before the dance, and Kanako was teaching Haruhi and me to dance while Tamaki sulked by the window. Tadeo jumped up and put his paws on my shoulders.

"Awe, are you jealous?" I cooed, petting my dog's head. I noticed Tamaki look over, pouting like an upset child. We made brief eye contact before he looked away. I danced with my dog for a few minutes before Kanako said it was my turn.

"Quick, quick, slow," she said as we danced. I'd accidentally stumble sometimes but that was about it. Tadeo sat a few feet away, watching me closely.

"Senpai, stop sulking at staring down Mathieu," Haruhi said. Tamaki mumbled and turned to face the window.

"Uh, Miss Kanako, can we take a break?" I asked softly, slightly out of breath. 

"Of course," she smiled.

Third person P.O.V.

Mathieu started to make his way to a table. Tadeo let out a chuff and ran over to Mathieu, jumping up onto him slightly, in an urgent alert. Mathieu suddenly keeled over and fell to the floor.

Tadeo circled around his owner a couple of times before laying on top of him.

Kanako gasped and ran over to him. "Mathieu-Senpai! Are you okay?" She exclaimed. Tadeo tried to move Kanako's hands away with gentle nudges and licks. Kanako gasped when she pressed her fingers to his neck.

"Kanako, he's fine, we just need to wait for him to wake up is all," Haruhi said slowly.

"He doesn't have a pulse what do you mean he's fine!" She cried. 

"He's in a paralytic sleep, it's one of the side effects of his narcolepsy, our Prince here learned that a while ago when he called for an ambulance," Kyoya said airily as Tamaki got up to approach Kanako.

"Oh, okay," She nodded breathily. She stood up shakily, brushing her dress off. 

"How about some tea Princess, it'll calm your nerves," Tamaki offered gently.

Mori went over to Mathieu and Tadeo got up, his tail wagging. Mori carefully picked up Mathieu and set him down on the couch. Tadeo jumped onto the couch and laid back down on Mathieu's chest. Mori patted Tadeo's head and sat back down with Honey.

Kyoya sighed and walked over.

"Tadeo, off the couch," He ordered. Tadeo only stared up at Kyoya, his tail wagging happily. 

"Tadeo, get down," Kyoya demanded again, pointing to the ground. 

"Tadeo, Au pied," Tamaki beckoned. Tadeo got up and trotted over to Tamaki and sat down at his side. "Coucher," Tamaki said, Tadeo, laying down in response.

"Woah! How'd you do that Tama-Chan? I thought Tadeo only listened to Mat-Chan!" Honey exclaimed in awe as Kyoya sat down on the loveseat in a silent defeat.

"Mathieu is from Quebec, which is a predominantly French-speaking province. So, Tadeo's commands are in French," Tamaki explained.

Mathieu P.O.V.

I shot upright, looking around frantically. The music room was quiet, all of the guests were gone for the day.

"Did you have a nice nap?" The twins cooed.

"Yes, um, I have to go, thank you for looking over me, have a nice night," I rambled, quickly grabbing my things and Tadeo and rushing out the door.

My Uncle was going to kill me. I've never been this late.

I got into my limo and drove home. When I got home I let Tadeo out into the backyard with the head maid.

I slowly started to go up the stairs, trying to move quietly so my Uncle didn't know I was home. Just as I was about to pass his study his door flew open and he yanked me inside.