New Body

"Ahh..."

I open my mouth as the doctor shines a light on my throat.

"How is he?" The Water Saintess asks.

"He is fine, miss Kizuma. It's a miracle, his entire body was deprived of any living signs a month ago." The doctor says. "It's as if...all the virus suddenly stop attacking the body."

The Water Saintess, named Ayaka Kizuma, is Ayato's older sister. After some digging, their parents died in an accident caused by a villain, which is a very typical backstory of heroes.

"Just in case, we will have you take the vaccine." The doctor says to me.

Vaccine...

I specifically modified my plague to have 5 layers of protection, each stronger than the other. In addition, when one layer of protection is broken, my plague's behaviour will change and become increasingly aggressive.
However...my resurrection took a toll on my powers. Since I am essentially the "main server" connecting all the plague...their behaviour has changed and weakened.

"Thankfully that plague villain is dead or else the entire world would be in shambles." The doctor comments. She takes a needle and grasps my arm, stabbing the tip into the deltoid.

...

Does a mere vaccine want to kill the main host? My virus quickly overwhelms and consumes the vaccines in the intramuscular route.

!

A line of knowledge enters my consciousness.

Interesting, I wasn't able to feel this before but I can derive the formula and purpose of the substance absorbed.
After my disappearance, the protection of my plague disappeared, leaving behind only lethality. The vaccine detects the toxin left behind by my plague and attacks the culprit.

"Can my brother be discharged?" Ayaka asks.

"Of course, but for precaution, we will keep an eye on him for 4 days."

Ayaka heaves a sigh of relief. "Thank you, doctor."

The doctor nods. "No problem, it's my job."

The nurse guides me back to my room and my sister left for the day after promising to return tomorrow.

...

There's a television at the side of the room with a window behind it. I close the curtains.

I take a deep breath.

Looking at the digital clock on the wall, it's been three years since my death...

[2027/9/21]

Right now, my priority is to retain my strength at its prime and learn more about my awakened power.

There are many ways to grow one's power but the most common is to continuously use it or consume a power crystal.

I can't afford to waste time training my power naturally using only the first option and there's no way I can get a power crystal for now.

There are four common categories of power:
-Physical
-Psychic
-Summoner
-Elemental

The majority of powers are a hybrid of the four, mine falls under Psychic. Each category of power has specific training methods that work wonders.

Psychic users utilize mysterious atmosphere energy to unleash their powers. They derive it from a core in their body that absorbs energy naturally, similar to the concept of "mana" in video games. Thus, if I continually absorb and circulate energy, I can expand my core and naturally, my power becomes stronger.