Terrorist(5)

I cover my face with a mask and sneak out of the condominium wearing a hoodie with the hood over my head.

There are three entrances to Hero City but two are only for emergencies and are sealed. If so, I should go to the main entrance.

I hide my presence as I wait patiently near the lift. As expected, after about 30 minutes, a large burly man appears and I can smell blood in his hand.

I follow his path and tail him, reaching the production plant. Two guards stationed at the door approach but he relentlessly flicks one of their heads, splatting the remains on the surrounding. The second guard met an unfortunate end as well.

The intruder forces the door open and oddly, no alarm is activated.

?

I begin to believe that Li Yue might have shut down the security system.

When Mo Gui enters the facility, I wait for a while and enter.

His path is clear as day due to the smell of blood and cracks on the floors and walls. Several bodies are littered like trash in the facility, I wonder if they really have no worries about the consequences.

Soon, I reach an opened vault and the giant guy, which I assume is Mo Gui, is fidgeting with the safe inside the vault.

"Tch, Why is there a safe inside a safe? This is troublesome." Mo Gui mumbles.

*beep*

He smiles when it finally opens and a rush of energy overwhelms the atmosphere.

!!!!

I suppress the urge to absorb the intense energy. There are only three worldly items that can exude such monstrosity energy burst.

Still, it's odd, someone should have found the bodies by now if he forced his way into the city. Yet nothing, no backup whatsoever is interfering with Mo Gui's heist. My suspicions of something happening on the surface are satiated.

If that's the case...nothing will go wrong if I snatch the treasure, right?

Mo Gui carefully takes the object and places it inside a small metal box.

At that moment, I strike.

!!

A gush of wind smacks Mo Gui's body, forcing him to clash with the rows of cabinets.

"ARGH?!"

The materials inside spew out and engulf Mo Gui's body.

I go to the box and pick it up.

Mo Gui attempts to get up but my powers quadrupled the gravity by the torrents of air forcing him down.

"You...bastard...!" Mo Gui says.

His skin starts to crack as magma secrete when he tries to pull himself up.
I raise my hand and descend it, a larger hurricane carrying many clouds of green glitter pounces on Mo Gui.

*BOOOOOOOOM!!!!*

Mo Gui was sent through the reinforced ground and falls head-on into the machinery below.

*PZZT!!*

"ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" He screams in pain as jolts of electricity pierce his body, frying him to a crisp.

...

My wind carries his body back up and I examine him.

Nothing else is on him.

Alright, next, I should deal with Li Yue. Although I could steal some other materials, the problem is storage.

I close my eyes and sense the virus's location, it's at the southwest of my perspective. Following my instinct, I reach the water system room. A suspicious woman is fiddling with the water tank at the end of the room.

Dropping Mo Gui's body, I walk closer and notice her injecting my virus into the water tank.
When she is done, she turns around and jumps in shock.

"EEK! W-Who...no...H-How did you..." She stutters.

"Hm...it is a good idea to spread the virus through water but it is slightly futile when it comes to a Hero City. They installed a filter system that can weaken the virus such that it bears insignificant harm to a strong hero's body." I say.

"Who are you?!" she asks.

!

I ignore her question and stare at her when I realise another presence watching us. It's a superpower.

...

"Don't worry. You are Li Yue, right? Tell me everything you know about the organisation you serve." I say. 

However, the moment I take a step toward her, she throws a syringe of the virus at me. I let it hit my body and it automatically pumps the virus inside upon contact. The new young virus merges with the old refined virus inside me, instantly passing on the immense energy it accumulated.

!

This...

Haha, to think they amassed so much energy which should have been dissipated when I was dead. Whoever that is weaponizing my virus was feeding it well.

"Heh..." Li Yue smiles. Yet, nothing happens.

??

"H-Huh...? It should be taking effect?" She mumbles. 

I decided to send a warning to the person watching me.
The wind gathers around as massive glitters of green are carried upon the hurricane.

Li Yue slowly backs off until her back hits the tank. "Green glitters? Isn't that the virus...what...why is it..." she mumbles.

The wind rapidly shoots into her body through her mouth, ears, and eyes.

"ARGHHHH!!!" 

Li Yue drops to the floor shortly after.

Only after I infiltrate her memories does the mysterious spectator leave.

A facility filled with corpses and two unconscious bodies around me...I should leave soon if I don't want a misunderstanding.

But the problem is yet again this rush of energy flowing out of the box. Anyone can easily detect it.

I open it to have a gleaming bright blue light shine out.

My eyes widen.

Something akin to a tree branch but glowing blue is inside the box, this is a Twilight Stick, a material that's considered one of the best in the entire world for many purposes, the most imperative being able to massively boost the rank of powers, strengthen the body, and completely heal a body.

!

Suddenly, I detect movements near the entrance of the Hero City. I've placed several viruses throughout the city as "eyes and ears" prior and can see a few black vans parked outside together with some heroes.