Desperate

I show my phone to him.

?

Afterwards, I scroll to an application with a logo of a newspaper called "NewsChat".

!!!

"H-Hey! S-Stop!!!"

"Do you know? You are in the top 2 trending topics that people discuss." I say. As proof, I open the application and show him the search trend, his name appears on the number 2 spot.

NewsChat is a social media that focuses on interesting events that happen around the world including political corruption, villain emergence, and even occults. Many people furthermore can upload their views and have a discussion with many other users about current issues; The majority of people are pressuring Japan's police and Hero Association to punish Adrain heavily.

In addition, the fact that his victims are slowly confessing their experiences poured oil on the fire.

Still, Adrain must have an incredible connection! The police are not doing anything under the guise of there being a lack of physical evidence; It does not take a genius to figure out the situation that someone is stopping them.

"Do you know the power of the internet?" I ask. "Its effects are a lot more lasting and significant than you think."

I create an anonymous guest account and press the "upload" button. My phone's gallery is pulled out and I clicked on the video I recorded.

"Stop! Please- ARGHH!!"
Adrain drops to the floor, grasping his right arm when I intensify my grip.

"Let's see..." I mumble as I type in the caption. "The bastard Adrain has been using his connections to threaten the silence of the victims..."

I save the post as a draft and check the 'Tags' of Adrain's incident.

"Hashtag 'Adrainthebastard'...and upload," I say.

"No! Nooo!!"

I glare at Adrain. "What's wrong? Don't you have extensive backers? You can ask them to suppress the media and clear your name."

"Y-You!!"

No one will help Adrain if his reputation declines any further, it's the same as saying they are his accomplice especially when social media proof can be easily reposted.

*thud thud*

!

I let Adrain go as I hear footsteps near.
"See you later," I say before stepping away.

Adrain stares at the ground, gritting his teeth with fury.
=====================
"Great job!" Ryouko exclaims. "At this rate, you can easily be an A-Tier hero!"

There exist a hierarchy within the hero society. The weakest are assigned to the F tier while the strongest to the SSS tier. The pattern is similar to power ranks, from F to SSS. The way the hierarchy works is based on three factors:
-Strength
-Contribution
-Type of Power

For example, Ayaka soared from A-Tier to SSS-Tier simply by playing a huge role in eliminating all of my plagues.

"There will just be one last test and you are good to go. It's a basic combat test where we deploy some golems with the same rank as you, you simply need to show us how you will fight them." Says Ryouko.

He brings me into another chamber this time, the control room is high up near the ceiling.

!

"Adrain is the sole invigilator?" I mumble when I notice only Adrain in that room.

"Yes? He is, are you uncomfortable?" Ryouko asks.

"No, it's fine," I say.

Ryouko nods and walks out of the chamber.

...

...

The chamber is completely sealed up as the click is heard on the door, it is locked. White tiles of flooring and walls illuminate the surrounding.

"Hey...brat." A voice echoes through the air. "Because of you, my life is going to end...because of you, everything that I've built up is gone. so...it doesn't matter what I do now..."

"Warning! The difficulty and frequency have been set to the highest. Dangers of fatal injuries or death are highly plausible." Another robotic voice ejects from the speaker.

...

"Fuck fuck...I want you to die!!!" Adrain shouts through the system.

I sigh. "Don't blame me for your fatuous behaviour," I say.

!!!!!

"Y-You! Fuck!!! Die!!!" Adrain exclaims.

In the background, I can hear the thumping of a door and Ryouko screaming.

"Warning! All golems have been released and restrictions on golems have been lifted. The chamber has been reinforced." The robotic voice says.

In the white walls, blocks of it recede to reveal space behind it, brown polished rocky figures with glowing bright scarlet eyes emerge from the dark.

"Golems huh..." I mumble.

"Grr..."

They are artificial golems, created by condensing energy into a core and implanting it into a vessel crafted from minerals. They made use of a hero's power to integrate technology with the core to control the golem, thus, the golems themselves are very expensive.

I can see more than 15 golems around, they are waiting, finding the perfect chance to strike.

When I reach for something in my pocket, they immediately leave behind an afterimage.

!!

*BOOOM!!*

I jump in the nick of time to avoid that swift collision attack. All of the golems tried to crush me. Two of them jump up and attempt to bash me in midair.

I change my trajectory to manoeuvre away using the air, dodging its attack.

There is only one way to kill a golem, find its core and destroy it. Thus, it's much more efficient to simply do this...

While floating mid-air, a surge of wind surrounds me. When I sweep my arms open, the breeze shoots around haphazardly, colliding against the golems.

*BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!*

I did not stop there, continuously bashing against the golems mercilessly with waves of hurricanes.
"KRAGHHH!!" The golem cries out.

Now...

I shoot a thin air of wind with my virus when I see an opening, the bullet wind pierces through a cracked area that was created from the bashing and enters into the core.
From there, my virus did the work and absorbed the energy before passing it back to me. I did the same for the rest until what remains is a pile of rocks.

"Hah..." I sigh and throw a glance at Adrain.

"W-What!? H-How!? No no! This...Haha...this is a dream, how can this brat be so...hahaha..." Adrain mumbles, and the mic was able to capture his voice.

That guy is seriously pathetic and annoying, reminds me of some third-rate villains with those lines.