Power

100 year ago, powers started sprouting all around the world. In addition to that, mysterious minerals, plants, and substances appeared around the world to aid in the progress of powers.

I was never a good fighter. Probably because I could hardly win a fight in a confrontation. Thus, I gave up on martial arts and focused on training my agility and endurance, to escape. My plague will do all the work anyways. In my journey, I've consumed and created many types of elixirs using materials I found in the wild, sometimes selling them for money in the underworld auction centre.

That's why, up until now... I didn't fight head-on. Until I realise the manipulation of wind is the same way I manoeuvre plagues.

"Heh... Even in this situation, you are calm." The bully says after he pulled me to the back of the campus. Around us are some dumpsters and a wall separating the rest of the campus from here. A row of trees lines up at the edge beside the forcefield.

There are about 20 people here, all of which are in the E or F ranks.

Now that I think about it, when I killed Youta, I could manipulate the wind as if it is second nature. I'm pretty sure... I controlled it similarly to the way I control my virus...

I need to test it out.

"This bastard is ignoring us? Since when has our punching bag become so irritating?" One of them, a fat pig, takes out a bat and statics start to flow through.

He takes a swing at my nape but I duck it.

?!

Gathering a small ball of wind around my fist, I throw a punch at his face.

*BOOOM!*

He was thrown back through the trees and clashed with the force field.

The "fist" mark on his cheek is twirled and distorted.

!!!!

"What?..."

I glance at the others and they step back.

"W-What are all of you doing?! We outnumber him! Everyone charge together." Says the guy from my class.

They leap in as I gather wind at my feet, jumping high into the sky to avoid their attack.

!!!!

"So this is a hero's body and power..." I mumble.

I have perfected manipulation arts for 30 years. Ayato's power potential wasn't pulled out because of his talent.

One of them throws a metal bar at me but one swirl of wind brings the bar into my hand.

"S-Shit!"
"You fucking idiot!"

From above, twirls of wind surround the bar as I crash into the ground, expelling a hurricane of wind that pushes everyone back.

"Uck!!..."

They suffered cuts as none of them even bother to get up.

I walk to the people in my class.

"W-Wait! Ayato, we are in the same class, right? I'm sorry, I won't ever approach you again."

"Hm... I'm not so sure." I reply.

"Ayato!"

...

I turn around to see Hanabi and a black-haired gelled guy staring at the situation with widened eyes.

He must be Kaito.

"What the fuck is this?!" Kaito releases a threatening aura.

"Why?" I say as I glare at Kaito.

!!!

His aura is instantly overwhelmed by my vicious and suffocating killing intent. It isn't killing intent from strength. No, it's killing intent derived from a merciless murderer.

"Y-You..." Kaito mumbles.

I gaze at Kaito's arm, he is trying to suppress his trembling body.

"If there's nothing else, I'm leaving. It's a break period after all." I say and step past Kaito.

"What the hell..." Kaito mumbles. It doesn't make sense. Kaito, a B-Rank, is trembling to a mere 'F-Rank'? Especially an F-Rank who couldn't even utilize his power.

Kaito clenches his fist firmly as his eyes turn bloodshot red. Yet, he couldn't move his body.

"Ayato..." Hanabi mumbles as she walks after me but stops after a while, staring at my back.

For the rest of the day, Hanabi stayed near me but didn't say anything.
----------------------
After school, I wait outside the professor's office.

Gazing at my hand, I ponder the possibilities.

Powers, having ranks, also have tiers. Tiers are fixed from the start and can never change unless an evolution or awakening occurs.

Golden Justice's power, King of Murim, is a unique physical and psychic power that boosts his body and mind. Allowing him to attain mountain-splitting strength by simply absorbing energy similar to how cultivation works in eastern fantasy.
Thus, his power falls under the SSS-Tier rank.

Ayato's power is simply wind manipulation. An E-Tier power. I cannot kill Golden Justice with this, I need another way...

"Come in." Says the professor, opening the door.

I nod and walk into his office.

"Take a seat." He says, pointing at the chair beyond his desk.

I comply.

"Ayato..." He takes a seat behind his desk. "I get how hardworking you are to develop your power and I acknowledge it. But you had been trying for 3 years before your coma and have faced stagnant progress. I'm telling you this because I heard you have amnesia."

The professor gazes at me with pity. "It's reality. There are lesser and fewer villains as days go by; the villains are mostly taken care of by C-Rank or higher heroes. Enlightened within F to D rank can only watch from the sidelines, never earning money."

The professor is wrong. Villains sprout every single day. But we hide. We integrate into society and hide our psychopathic side because we know the consequences; we are not stupid.

"That's why we are teaching all of you the normal curriculum. In fact, Ayato, some companies have already shown interest in you and are willing to negotiate terms. An enlightened, even if the worse, still receives better treatment than a normal civilian after all." He says.

...

"I hope you can take into consideration what I said."

I nod. "Alright," I reply.
-----------------------

"This better be important, I have an appointment soon." Says Mika on her phone wearing a luxurious tuxedo suit.

"I...am going to need more funding. It's regarding Ayato." Says Kaito.