Smuggling

Parasites have different personalities. Some are imbeciles, some are manipulative.

This parasite here, calling itself Jean, took over the body of a young lady belonging to a modest background 6 years ago when the host was 11. Its host had been declared dead to the world.

I infected her with a parasite at that time to aid in an invasion of a research facility. After all, the appearance of a young child can fool the majority.

When the operation was over I usually kill off any parasites. However, Jean pleaded for its life and promised it will be useful to me.

I extend my hand out.

Jean stares at my arm and looks away.

"You..."

"I-I don't have it!" Jeans exclaims. "You want the Power Poison right? I don't have it! The Hero Association seized them. Otherwise, would I be here in this dump?"

...

"Then tell me where you get all the poison," I ask.

"B-But..."

Jean stares at the floor as she shivers.

"Don't worry, I won't throw you away." I decide to say. "You are one of my most experienced parasites on earth. Why would I discard such treasure?"

"I...steal from different groups of smugglers and organisations. In the past, I could temporarily leave my host to jump into another body, allowing me to sneak in and keep one or two crates of poison. However, after your death, I was greatly weakened and my control diminished. If I attempt to leave my host, I'm afraid she will regain custody."

I see...

"Hah..." I sigh.

...

"Alright, I've decided. You are following me." I say.

?

"To?" Jean raises her head.

"To steal some Power Poisons."

!

I'm not very sure where current smugglers operate, my information has been outdated for 3 years. I will need Jean.

Jean gulps. "I...alright I get your gist. But I will need to visit the information broker, I haven't had contact with him for 3 years." She says.

Jean brings me to the second level of her apartment. "People who live here are usually beggars or skilful criminals laying low. Uncle Yamato is one of them. He is a crazy nut for money."

*knock knock*

...

Jean taps her feet impatiently when no one answers.

...

*knock knock*
"Hey, it's me." She says.

*click*

The door opens, revealing an old man wearing ragged clothes and a cap. He has a long and messy grey beard that extends to his chest and his left eye is blind.

"Jean?... It's been so long." The man says.

"Yes, I'm back for business."

...

"Last time you failed, you still owe me the debt from that."
"I know! But this time we will succeed." Says Jean.

"We?"

The man looks at me, only now has he noticed my presence.

He widens his eye and immediately turns around, beckoning us to come in.

?

His home is a huge mess. Mould, spider webs, insects, every of it fills the room. There is a pungent odour coming out of the toilet...

"As usual, we will split the profit-"

"No, it's fine. I will only take 5%" The old man says.

"What?" Jean mumbles.

"Would you rather I not?"

"N-No! Thank you... I want the location of the usual Power Poison smuggling." Says Jean.

The old man stands up and pulls out an old map from his cabinet full of cockroaches, unfolding it on the floor. It's a map of Japan. Afterwards, he takes a small rock out of a container and places it on the map.
"There is one happening today."

"I see... Master, do you have a phone?"

I take it out and snap a picture of the map.

With that, Jean bows and thanks the man profusely.

When we left, I throw a glance at the man. Somehow, he gives me a sense of nostalgia... Have I...

"Master?"

"Nothing, let's go."

------------------------
...

I glance at Jean and back at the location we are at.

"They...are smuggling here?!" I say.

Jean nods.

Power Poisons are usually ordered to assassinate enlightens since no ordinary poison works. Regardless of rank, an enlightened will always have a strengthened body.

But to think they are smuggling at a mall...

"More specifically, a store that sells luggage," I mumble.

The mall is packed to the brim. Waves of people roam the place as the weekend enrols. In addition, recent sales spiked the number of shoppers.

It might be intentional as this is the perfect condition to hide suspicious activity.

Jean and I walk to the store, there are not many people there.

"Sir and...Madame...what brings you here today?" Says the employee who immediately approaches us, he is glaring at Jean's filthy appearance.

At that moment, I release small microscopic viruses and expel them around me. They flow from one luggage to another, one person to another. In the end, many people outside and inside the store becomes infected.

Many people packed together without any masks resulting in an exponential infection in the mall, temporarily enhancing my abilities.

Only when many viruses clump together do they materialize into dust. Otherwise, they are invisible to the naked eye.

Power Poison exudes very micro radiation. Usually, only heroes of A-rank and above can sense it.
I investigate every luggage on a microscopic scale using my virus.

"We would like to buy a medium-sized baggage for 2 people," I say.

"No problem. Is there any specific preference dear customers have?"

!

I found it. A red suitcase has a suspicious fluctuation of energy radiating.

"Red colour specifically," I reply.

Jean caught on and look around.

"Medium-sized, red colour..." She mumbles and realises all of my virus moving to a single suitcase stuffed between the rows.

"Ah...Alright."

He guides us to another suitcase on display. "This, sir, is excellent baggage for both long and short travels. There is enough room to put in every necessity for two people and it comes with a security feature."

I nod slightly and turn my back around. "I don't like the shape of that. Do you mind if I look around a bit more?" I ask.

"S-Sure." The employee starts to fidget a little.