Drastic Trauma

"I am firm in my decision."
"Even so, you are not eligible for it." Says Yamazaki. "Your power is simply not suited for combat."

*VROOM!*

A burst of wind gathers around my palm, causing any whatsoever documents on the desk to fly around.

!!!!

...

Yamazaki gets my message and glances out of the window. "Alright, I won't stop you anymore. There is an admission test to determine if you are eligible, I will send you the location and timing of it after I register you."

"Thank you, Professor Yamazaki."

I get up and bow before heading for the door.

"A moment please." Says Yamazaki.

?

"I knew Kaito was bullying you. I deeply apologise for that."

"Why are you apologising for?" I ask.

"I was...not able to do anything..."

...

"It doesn't matter," I say and I continue.

"The academy has sent Mr Adrain to be the invigilator in the Hero Admission test because of his scandal. It is to prevent him from any contact with female students. I know...no, every staff members know that Mr Adrain has some sort of grudge against you, be careful." Says Yamazaki.

Grudge?

"Noted, thank you."

I leave the room.
====================
I dry myself with a towel after a bath and wear a simple blue t-shirt and shorts.

The clock on the wall states: 20:04

Professor Adrain had a grudge against Ayato? I've never met him ever since I possessed this body.

There are parts of Ayato's memory that are difficult to access including Traumas, insignificant portions, and the past.

Ayato has an extensive short-term memory; I cannot recall anything about Ayato's childhood days.

I suppose Mr Adrain...is part of Ayato's Trauma?

Sitting on my bed, I gather part of the plague to travel to the brain.

"Ugh..."

Patches of vague grey flash by when I try to pry into his memory. My body trembles.

Ayato, I need you to recall what happened with Mr Adrain, I don't care how traumatic it is for you!

"Ack!!" A sharp headache pierces my mind yet I venture forward.

The grey patches become slightly clearer. Ayato was approaching a door and opened it... But it becomes cloudy afterwards.

"More... I need to know everything that happened..." I mumble.

Something starts to attack my focus, and goosebumps rain upon my skin as I start to sweat.

"ARGH!?!!"
---------------------
Ayato wasn't a bullied student from the start. He was an ordinary boy just like any other student.

He avoided Kaito and other bullies, lowering his head when he walked past them. Such were the unwritten rules if one does not want to be a target.

Ayato looked up to his sister, wanting to be like her, a full-fledged hero. Thus, he trained every day, watching internet tutorials and asking for advice from his sister. Yet his effort bore no fruit.

That was Ayato, a simple and naive boy who was neglecting his studies for an impossible dream.

Until... He saw something he shouldn't.

Being the forgetful person he was, Ayato sneaked back into the Academy late in the afternoon to retrieve his phone. The academy's entrance was about to be closed when Ayato begged the security guard to keep it open for a while longer.

He quickly went up to his classroom. However, he could hear something coming from a staff room on the way.

"No, let go..." A woman said.
"It won't hurt, nothing much will happen. I will keep quiet about your offence in return." A man said.

"What...?" Ayato mumbled.

Curiosity got the better of him and he attempted to open the door. It's surprisingly not locked.

*creaaak...*

!!!!!

Yet, no matter how slow and soft he turns the door, the hitch screeched loudly.

"Huh?" The man, wearing a black coat and white t-shirt, was about to take off his jeans.

A female student was pinned down on the table in the room.

"I-I..." Ayato wasn't sure what to say.

The man furrowed his brow in rage. "Why the fuck are you in school?!" He exclaimed.

"I-I'm just here to take...my stuff..." Ayato mumbles before he takes off.

"You bastard!" The man shouts, running after Ayato.

However, Ayato escaped and swiftly left the school even without taking his phone.

The next day, Ayato pondered whether to report that man until Kaito bumped into him.

!!!

Ayato quickly lowered his head to the ground. "I-I am sorry! I wasn't looking."

Usually, Kaito would click his tongue and leave without a word when people do this. But...

His shadow stood still, engulfing Ayato.

"Hey, you are Ayato aren't you," Kaito said.

Ayato widened his eye, his heart started beating faster.

"What? What did I do?!" Ayato kept thinking anxiously.

Kaito only remembered the name of three types of people: His subordinates, his superiors, and the people he bullies.

"N-No..." Ayato lied.

Kaito clicked his tongue and kicked Ayato in his stomach, throwing him into a wall.

"Argh?!"

Kaito threw a phone beside Ayato, it was the phone that Ayato left behind.

Then, he squatted to Ayato and whisper "You saw something yesterday didn't you? Well, blame your bad luck because today is the end of your life."

And that led to Ayato's countless days of hell.

To the point that Ayato personally visited Adrain and begged him to stop. Despite this, Adrain simply smirked and stepped on Ayato's head.

"I will never tell anyone... Please! Please stop them!" Ayato begged.

"Too bad, I don't trust you. This will only be the beginning, if you snitch on me, I will make you feel true hell." Said Adrain.

"..."

Ayato was forced to kiss the ground as tears stream out of his eyes.
-----------------------------

"Hah!! Hah...hah..." I pant when I break out of the memory recollection. My entire body shivers uncontrollably.

"Huh?" I mumble as I touch my cheek, tears are flowing down.

...

I take a deep breath and compose myself.

...

Professor Adrain...

I click my tongue. Nothing has changed since the time "I" attended a Hero Academy 38 years ago; people are still the same.