Hero City(2)

Despite being underground, an artificial "sky" is present above. The light coming from above is similar to the daylight from the actual sun. This is the work of a superpower.

"Excuse me, may I know the requirements to register for the National Young Hero Competition?" I say.

Rai raises his brow. "What? You are an F-Tier, why do you care?"

"Now now, it can serve as an inspiration," I reply with a smile.

Rai sighs. "What a waste of breath." He mumbles.

To enter the competition, I need to have at least 5000 mission points and be nominated by a headmaster.
Mission points can be obtained by taking up commissions or scoring well in Academic Assessments.

Rai is a regular teacher for a B-Tier class so it's no wonder that he looks down on me.

*Ding*

The lift door slides open and we step into the city. It mimics a small district of Tokyo with three-quarters of the city dedicated to heroes.
Near the lift is a shopping district. Many of the building's first-level features stores such as food and beverage or fashion.
Outside a cafe, several tables and seats are laid out and a few people chat there happily. A man takes the paper cup on his table and throws it at a rubbish bin across the road using his power. His friend, unimpressed by that throw, throws his paper cup up in the air and a mysterious force pushes the cup into the bin.
Those two powers are Accurate Strength and Telekinesis respectively.

"Follow me. I will bring you to your room." He brings me to a regular condominium three blocks from the shopping district.

A young couple walks out of the elevator in the fancy lobby and nods at Rai. Rai returns the nod.

Afterwards, he takes me to the sixth level and the room at the end of the hallway before passing me a key. "Your class will be decided soon. For the time being, you are free to roam the city or do whatever you want. Details will be sent to you soon by email."

"Thank you," I say.

Without replying, Rai left.

I unlock the door and enter a clean and fully furnished home. Opposite the main door is a big window that shows the overview of the city and to the left is a marble floor and counter kitchen. Large television and couch with a small coffee table stand in the middle of the living room.

This is why enlightened aspires to be a full-fledged hero. Even an F-rank can receive the benefit of a noble.

One common thing in the city is the sheer amount of glorious condominiums and mansions. The condominium I am assigned to is on the low-end side.

I stretch my arm and place my baggage down.

...

For starters, I should try to infect as many people as possible without using Ayato's power to prevent detection.

I take the elevator back down and greet the security guard. The security guard smiles and greets me back. Judging by my instinct, this old man is an Enlightened.
I put out my hand. "I am Ayato, the new F-rank superhero," I say.

He takes my hand. "Welcome. Good job making it in as a superhero."

"Haha, you flatter me. I am just an F-Rank." I reply.

As the security guard let go of my hand, my virus had already transferred over to his palm.

"No no, an F-rank is actually the best. You can get a salary higher than the average person and live a life better than most. In addition, they won't even call you to subdue any villains since you are an F-rank. Kid, you just struck gold!"

I chat brightly with the security guard and waved goodbye when I left.

Before I leave, I touch the elevator button and the door handle leading into the condominium, infecting it with viruses.
==================================
There exist two types of "Enlightened": A Civilian Enlightened and a Superhero Enlightened.
Civilian Enlightened are people who use their powers in different ordinary industries and are generally favoured by companies as they greatly lower the cost of production. One example was the security guard from before.
Superhero Enlightened are people who use their power to fight crimes and save the world. By common sense, when comparing the two, the latter seems more prominent. Thus, there are different facilities catered to the respective.

This inevitably cultivated a sense of superiority for the latter.

Amid the darkness, A boy with long and messy brown hair stumbles into an alleyway. He was a Civilian Enlightened that was transferred to the Superhero curriculum.

Behind him is a group of people who pushes him further into the unknown territory.

The alleyway leads to a corner and turning left leads to a dead end. A few men and women are smoking at the end.

The tallest and largest guy in the group behind the boy steps up and pushes the boy, causing him to trip and fall. He then steps on the boy's head.
"This brat tried to escape. What shall I do with him?" He asks.

The leader, a man with a scar across his face with a Faux Hawk black hairstyle, glares at the boy and spits on him.

"Yamato, who do you think pays for your brother's hospital bill? If you are a dog, act like a loyal one." The leader says.

"I-I'm sorry, Jason," Yamato says.

Jason stares at Yamato for a while before smiling. "Get up."

?

Yamato complies.

"Take off your pants," Yamato says as he swipes his phone out.

!!

"..."

With much hesitation, he unzips his pants with trembling arms.

"Hahaha!! Disgusting! He is actually doing it!" The woman beside Jason says.

Yamato pulls down his pants leaving only his underwear and everyone around him laughs out loud. They take pictures of his embarrassment and smirk in delight.

At that moment, I step into the alley to check the noise and find a bunch of people surrounding Yamato.

I sigh and rub my forehead.
"Are you guys being serious?" I say.

!

They all turn their attention to me.