Test

"Okay..." I say.

In the middle of the empty arena, Ayaka and I stand on opposite sides of the facility.

Ayaka smiles at me from afar. I don't know if that's a good sign or not.

"Are you not coming to me?" Says Ayaka.

!!!

Suddenly, I jump away as an outburst of water explodes below my feet. That simple attack already left a mark on the floor.

In the air, many droplets of water float around.

All of it rushed toward me like bullets and I eject violent winds that travel around my body, acting as a barrier that dissipates the liquid

"I see..." Ayaka mumbles.

I land back on the ground and leap towards Ayaka. Torrents of water materialize out of the ground as I barely dodge each of them. From above, inescapable showers of havoc rain upon me.

"Tch."

When I try to control the trajectory of the atmosphere breeze, Ayaka spares no effort to bombard me with splashes from below.

She isn't giving me any chance to get closer?!

This time, I try to attack her from afar, shooting a hurricane of a bullet right at her from behind.

!

A few blobs of water tried to dissipate but I constantly change the momentum. Yet, water explodes from within the bullet and engulfs the wind.

"What?"

My legs are giving out. I can't dodge this rapid barrage any longer.

I attempt to stop her attacks once and for all by gathering a large sphere of wind around me, expelling the hurricane away together with all the water.

But, it was no use, she continues the attack again as if she have an unlimited supply of energy.

This is...as if the entire arena is her domain; she knows everything that happens and can perfectly attack from anywhere.

This is 10% of her strength? This is why I don't want to fight directly with SSS-ranks. Their powers are either too annoying or too powerful.

Ayaka frowns.

Damn it. What can I do in this situation?

...

I gulp.

If I don't advance, I will be stuck here. But if I do, I can't avoid getting hit.

...

There's no way Ayaka will kill me... I hope; I can only risk it.

Ignoring the oncoming attacks, I engulf my body with wind and charge to Ayaka.

!!!

She sends waves of spikes, bullets, splashes, and torrents after me. I dodge as much as I can while clashing with inevitable waters, mitigating the impact using my powers.

Ayaka lifts her hand at that moment when the walls of a sphere of water slide up from the edge of the arena.

"You have to be kidding me..." I mumble.

The sphere quickly covers the entire arena, engulfing the entire arena.

?!!!!?

"Mphhmmm..."

I can't breathe... She-...

I can neither move nor use my powers, Ayato's power relies heavily on the "atmosphere".