❥003

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

"mavis, stop complaining and come on, it's basically just hanging out with us anyway, they'll be too busy practicing." briar reassured her friend as they walked down from the school to the field.

"yeah, except you know who's gonna be there." mavis narrowed her eyes at the girl.

"bitch, he's not voldemort! stop talking about him like he doesn't have a name." nick started to cackle at how dramatic mavis can be when it comes to chris.

"i swear to god i can't right now." briar clutched onto her stomach laughing, not expecting a harry potter reference.

"there they are." mavis looked over to the three boys running around the field doing god knows what.

as they approached close enough to be in ear shot, chris stopped his warm up to come over and make a snide comment, as he normally would.

"have you ever even tried working out, or i don't know, just tried doing anything athletic?" he asked mavis with a smirk, brushing his long sweaty hair back with his hand.

"for your information asshole, i have." she crossed her arms.

"playing soccer in kindergarten doesn't count." he placed his hands on his hips, eyeing the girl knowingly.

"yeah, alright, i'm out of this bitch." mavis told everyone before putting her airpods in and turning to walk away from the boy.

"MAVIS! GET YOUR ASS BACK OVER HERE!" she could briefly hear nick yell through the music currently deafening her ears.

she turned around, blowing a kiss to the group which chris dramatically dodged by dropping to the ground, making mavis roll her eyes.

"you're such an idiot." matt chucked at his dramatic display.

"what? i can't risk that shit getting anywhere near me." he shrugged, still laying on the grass.

"are you guys gonna go try to get mavis back here?" eddie asked nick and briar, who had now lost their third watch buddy.

"uh i don't think so. you know mavis, it's better to just let her leave when she wants to." briar replied, knowing her best friend was not one to be told where to go and what to do.

"damn, guess she'll be missing out on me obliterating the shit out of matt in goal." chris sarcastically sighed, watching one last flash of the bright red hair before it disappeared around the corner of the school.

"i don't think so, kid." matt patted a hand on chris' shoulder.

"okay, stop trying to compete and actually teach me how to be good." eddie protested, as he really wanted to be apart of the team his senior year.

"don't worry bro, you're basically guaranteed to make it if you play how i show you." chris reassured the boy, which made nick bark out a laugh.

"your ego is so fucking huge, somebody needs to step on it." nick shook his head.

"doesn't mavis do that everyday?" matt asked, grinning from ear to ear.

the group all burst out into a fit of laughter, all except for chris that is. something about her always trying to make him feel stupid drove him insane.

this was the one thing he was good at, and while he wasn't trying to impress her, he had been looking forward to being able to show off something he was actually good at.

"well she would've gotten humbled if she actually stayed and watched." chris clenched his jaw, silently hoping she would walk back around that corner, so he could prove his point.