❥034

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

the weekend rolled by and before mavis knew it, she was going to school again. she really didn't want to get in a car with chris, so she had asked her dad to drive her to school.

when she got there, she looked around for any sign of one of her friends, noticing eddie walking through the parking lot.

"eddie!" she called out to him, catching his attention.

"mavis, oh my fucking god, i'm sorry." he said once the two were close enough to hear each other without having to yell.

"what are you talking about?" she asked, a little confused.

"mavis, you do realize everyone saw and heard what happened at the party, right? and also nick told me everything that happened after." eddie admitted.

"fuck my life." mavis sighed, looking around to realize that yes, everyone was in fact staring right at them. right at her.

"this is hell." she pulled up the hood on her sweatshirt, trying to cover up her face as much as possible.

"mavis, cut that out!" eddie yanked it back down, exposing her face once again.

"what the fuck?" she exclaimed, shooting him a look.

"look, i get it, it's terrible that everyone knows your business now, and chris isn't exactly in the best of moods regarding all the shit that was said, but trust me, i've never seen chris look at anyone the way he looked at you after that injury mavis. we all noticed small things, but all of us were too dumb to pick up on it." eddie explained.

"yeah, after the injury. it's like none of it was even real, he's just pretending like it never happened." mavis looked down at her feet, swaying back and forth anxiously.

"that can't be true." eddie protested, before his eyes caught onto something behind the redhead.

"what?" she asked him, but he was still looking over at whatever it was with no response.

finally, her patience had run out, and so she turned around to get a look for herself, which she immediately regretted. there he was, talking to that annoying fucking bitch.

"oh you've gotta be shitting me." mavis let out a breath, taking in what she was seeing.

"nick didn't tell me about that." eddie finally spoke up, still recovering from his state of pure shock.

"i didn't tell you about what?" nick's voice came in, and the pair turned around to find him walking up to them. his eyes followed their gaze, and now it was his turn to have his jaw dropped.

"what the fuck?" his voice rang out, and apparently he was a little too loud, because both chris and cara looked up and over at the group currently gawking at them.

"can i help you with something?" cara scoffed, shooting each of them a disgusted look.

"yeah, actually you can, leave him the fuck alone?" said mavis, confidence oozing out from within her.

"who the fuck do you think you are? you do realize the whole school thinks you're a joke now, right? i mean come on, trying to trick him into believing you're someone he would ever be with? that's just fucking sad." cara giggled sarcastically, and mavis had never had to hold in so much willingness for violence before.

she started to charge forward, but nick quickly grabbed onto her arm before she could move any further.

"chris, can i talk to you? ...alone?" mavis asked, still being restricted by nick's strong hold.