𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

"nick, there's not a chance in hell i'm putting that shit on my face." mavis shot him a disgusted look, stepping further away from the small tin of eye black he was holding.

"yes, you are. all of us are doing it to show support and since you're dating chris, you have to do it." he sighed, complaining because he thought this was well known.

"you should know by now that i don't participate in these bizarre fucking lacrosse team rituals. i'll go to the game, and that's all. chris won't even care if i have that on or not anyway." mavis rolled her eyes, jumping onto nick's dorm room bed.

"mavis, this is his first college game since he made it onto the team after training all summer! put the fucking eye black on. now." nick held the container out for her to grab.

mavis shot him a deadly glare before reluctantly taking the tin out of his hands, laying back down onto the bed.

"hold up your phone so i can see." she instructed him, so he opened it up to the camera and held it over her face.

a look of pure satisfaction took over nick's face as he watched the redhead paint the number three onto her right cheek with the eye black.

"i can't believe i'm agreeing to this." she sighed, hating the amount of joy he was getting out of the whole thing.

"i can't either." he chuckled, before he took the small container back out of her hands so he could paint eddie's number on his cheek.

the two of them finished up getting ready, nick going all out in their college colours while mavis simply wore one of her normal outfits, deciding that since she was wearing the eye black, she at least didn't have to dress up.

she didn't even go to their college anyways, she had insisted on going with the rest of them, but chris wouldn't let her.

mavis had been accepted into many highly ranked schools, and when she was offered a spot at brown, nothing was changing his mind.

he made it very clear that she had to go.

while not being near him all the time was difficult, she was grateful she had someone who cared about her future and her dreams enough to force her into the right decision. she was grateful she had chris.

she did however come to visit for this game, although chris didn't know she was there yet. everyone knew but him.

she and nick walked over to the field together, and mavis could already feel herself getting nervous. she knew how badly chris wanted to prove himself tonight since this was his first real game since being injured, and she just wanted it to go exactly the way he pictured it.

as they were walking by the locker room doors, matt's voice called out and stopped them.

"mave!" he yelled, jogging towards them.

"matt!" she smiled, ruffling his hair with her hand when he ended up beside them.

"wow, no, 'hey nick!' or anything? you two are still the most obnoxious people i know." nick rolled his eyes, while matt just laughed at him.