❥019

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

only twenty minutes into the lesson, the door flew open and a fired up mavis walked through, taking a seat without saying a single word to the teacher.

everyone could tell he was expecting some sort of apology from the girl, but when she didn't speak up, he chose to leave it alone.

there was clearly something wrong with her at the moment.

chris watched her from the corner of his eye for the entire class. he wanted to talk to her and ask her why she had gotten so upset about some guy named james, but now was clearly not the time for it.

he was just glad to have a friendly face next to him again.

despite the permanent angry scowl she seemed to be holding on her face, chris thought it was amazing how concentrated she was. he noticed she did this thing where she chewed on her bottom lip while she tried to figure out answers to questions.

he decided he liked this quirk of hers.

while he was stealing glances, he did his best to try and figure out the questions himself, but he soon realized he had literally no idea how to do any of it.

everything on his paper looked like a foreign language to him.

he contemplated asking mavis for help with it, since it did look like she knew what she was doing after all, but he was scared he'd set her off after what he'd just witnessed at the start of class.

he wondered if her getting so angry was normal, if it was a regular occurrence.

the bell rang soon enough and mavis practically flew out of the classroom with how fast she stood up and made her way to the door, except she didn't actually go through it. instead, she stopped beside it and turned around, looking at chris like she was waiting for something.

was she waiting for him?

he stood up, making his way towards the exit, and sure enough, when he reached where she was standing, she turned around and started walking with him.

he felt something inside his chest burn up at this small gesture. he didn't know why it made him so happy but it did.

she had been so angry yet somehow she was still being nice to him. it made him feel welcomed by her. accepted.

they walked through the hallway side by side, earning plenty of confused looking stares from all of their classmates.

chris didn't really mind all of the looks because he didn't understand them anyways, but mavis felt extremely uncomfortable from all of the attention.

she knew how fucking wack the two of them must have looked together like this.

"did anyone bother you while i was gone?" mavis turned to look at chris.

"um, not really no. people were kind of just laughing after what happened before you left, i don't get what's so funny about it though. you seemed really upset." said chris.

"yeah well, they can laugh all they fucking want." mavis snapped.

"are you okay? i mean i don't know what that james guy did to you but-