❥033

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

chris rolled out of bed, heading over the the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. the cold water hit his face, and he stopped for a moment to stare at himself in the mirror.

it was weird, he felt like himself, but a stranger at the same time.

he thought about the possibility of having to see mavis that day, but quickly shrugged it off. he knew what he had to do.

when he got downstairs, his brothers were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching one of the cufboys podcast videos. matt paused it as soon as he saw chris enter the room.

"hey chris, how are you feeling? any memories?" matt asked, wanting to make sure he kept tabs on everything going on in his brother's life this time around.

"yeah, all of them." chris replied casually.

"WHAT?" nick sat up, his face one of pure shock.

"yeah, i remember like everything we've ever done as a family, and i remember both eddie and briar too. we met them in middle school." chris smiled, but it was weak.

"and what about... mavis?" matt asked, looking a little scared for his response.

"oh yeah, i remembered all that too. can you believe i fell for her act? it's so obvious she hated me. the whole thing with me was probably just some shit to get back at me for everything i've ever done to her." chris pressed his lips into a tight line.

"chris i don't think-

"nick, leave it alone. i'm over it, alright? i feel stupid enough as it is. i'd rather just forget it ever happened." chris sighed, plopping himself down on the couch.

matt and nick exchanged a look, before turning back to chris, waiting for him to go further into detail.

instead, he said, "so what are you guys doing this weekend?" taking both of his brothers by surprise.

"um, i was actually planning on asking mavis to come over so we could talk about yesterday... but i can go over there if you aren't comfortable with it." matt said.

"no, it's fine, don't let me stand in the way. she can come over all she likes, i just don't want to have to talk to her." chris shrugged.

"chris, you can talk to us." said nick, looking saddened for chris.

"there's nothing to talk about, i'm good. i just want things to go back to normal. i remember now, so people can stop pretending or lying about things straight to my face." he snapped.

matt sighed, getting up and walking away from chris. he honestly just couldn't even listen to him sabotage something that could be real before he even knew the answer.

it was painful to watch.

matt's hand twisted the door handle, opening it up to come face to face with mavis. her eyes were puffy and slightly red, and he instantly regretted the way he'd reacted the night before.