❥031

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

"okay first of all, i wasn't fucking agreeing with you, so shut the fuck up." matt turned back over to james with a deadly look in his eye.

"how are you not seeing this matt? she's too fucking scared to even admit it to you herself! she knows what she's doing is wrong, she's just too much of a bitch to own up to it." james seethed, glaring over at the girl.

"okay man, you've done enough, please get the fuck out before you make things worse." matt told him sternly, but he wasn't showing any signs of leaving anytime soon.

"no, i'm not leaving until you realize what an ugly fucking bitch she is." james continued.

matt was staring him down, his chest heaving up and down. he knew he was going to snap, it was out of anyone's control at this point. it didn't matter how frustrated he was with mavis for not telling him, he would always want to protect her.

and so, it only seemed natural for him to run forward and connect his fist to james' jaw.

with one swift punch, he had knocked him to the floor. there were screams and chants from guys on the lacrosse team in the background egging him on, but honestly, he couldn't even really hear it.

he was fuming. this guy had ruined absolutely everything, and now he might have triggered all of chris' memories before it was time. he went against doctors orders, putting chris at risk.

not only that, but he was trying to make his best friend out to be something that she just wasn't. he knew mavis well, and although he knew her and chris hated each other, she would never use somebody like that.

that wasn't who mavis was.

while all of this had broken out, chris was standing at the back of the room close to mavis. his mind was going a million miles a minute, and he couldn't seem to pull it together.

was james lying? it didn't really seem like it based off the reaction he got.

so mavis was using him? she told matt she didn't like him from the sounds of it.

he was hurt.

even more so than the day he woke up in the hospital with his head pounding anytime he even tried to move.

once matt had walked away from james' body, he pulled his keys out of his pocket and walked towards chris. he grabbed his arm, muttering a quick "we're leaving," and started off for the door.

"no! you have to explain all of this shit to me matt! what does he mean mavis went for the guy that used to hate her? there's just no way that could be true! we were little kids, that doesn't even count!" chris was screaming, and his eyes had developed a glossy layer over the top.

this was what the doctors were talking about. he was going into this wild, frantic, state because it was just too much information to handle.

"chris you have to relax! come with me!" matt tried his best to pull him along, but he was using every muscle in his body to fight back.

"no! mavis he has to be lying! there's no way we hated each other!" his eyes looked to mavis for comfort, but all he could find in her was pure guilt.