❥040

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

the triplets were in fact, not on time to help briar finish getting the party organized, thanks to a panicked chris, who had been turning his room upside down for an entire thirty minutes.

"chris, i don't get it, can't you just tell her how you feel if you're gonna do this? it'll be so much easier than whatever the fuck you're doing right now." nick said as if it were obvious.

"NO NICK! I HAVE TO FUCKING FIND THIS!" chris yelled, throwing papers out of his desk drawers in search of a specific item.

finally, he spotted what he was looking for, shoving it down into his pocket before walking out of his room.

"okay, let's go." said chris, staring at matt who was waiting impatiently on the couch.

"fucking finally. you sure you're ready for this chris?" he asked, a hopeful look on his face. matt had been waiting for this day for months.

"yeah, i'm ready." chris reassured the boy.

they drove to briar's house together, and although matt and nick seemed to be having the time of their lives singing along to stir fry, chris' mind was elsewhere.

all he could think about was getting to this party and finding her.

when they got to the party, it had already taken off. loud music could be heard from outside, and the street was lined with multiple cars.

the three boys stepped into the scene together, immediately coming face to face with briar, who was greeting people and passing out jell-o shots to people who arrived.

"is she here yet?" chris asked before she could even say hi.

"is who here?" briar asked, a look of confusion washing over her face.

"mavis." matt cut in.

"uh, why the fuck does he want to know if she's here or not?" briar questioned, clearly taken aback.

"he's finally fucking doing it." nick grinned.

"HOLY SHIT? okay yes, she texted me that her and mason were gonna be here soon like five minutes ago, so she should be here soon." briar jumped up and down, already getting excited.

"oh fuck, mason's coming to this?" matt asked, running a hand through his hair.

"uh yeah, i didn't know chris would have suddenly woken the fuck up tonight so i kind of told her to bring him." briar confessed.

"fuck, briar!" chris cursed, before he noticed very familiar bright red hair pop up right next to him.

he turned his head to the side, staring at her like she was the only one in the room. for a moment, it really did feel like that, until mason spoke up.

"uh, hey chris." he said, nodding his head towards him.

"hey." chris stood up straighter, clenching his jaw as he eyed the boy up and down.

he would be damned if he let this guy get in the way of his plan tonight.

"okay... i'm gonna go use the bathroom real quick, i'll be back in a sec." mason spoke feeling slightly uncomfortable from chris' intimidating glare, before slipping away from the group.