Bill and Ted

So, one night I had my best friend for a sleepover. I went into the bathroom, and when I came out into the loungeroom, I saw a movie playing. Two guys had just gotten smashed through a wall.

So my dad pauses the movie and my friend is like, "Have you seen Bill and Ted's excellent adventure?"

I say no, because I live under a rock.

So the next day me and my dad sit down and watch it.

I died when the teacher said, "So you're telling me Napoleon was a short dead dude?"

I also died when the teacher asked Ted who Joan of Arc was and he answered, "Noah's wife?"

Overall, I loved the movie. I am still yet to watch the second and third because they aren't on Netflix.  (┬┬﹏┬┬)

But.

Bill and Ted rubbed off on me.

I now refer to my cat as 'royal hairy dude'. And when I do, my dad looks at me like I'm mental. 

And now I can't seem to say two sentences without saying 'dude'. 

It was educational though.

I learnt that Joan of Arc was not Noah's wife, Napoleon was indeed a short dead dude, Genghis Khan seems to have something against mannequins, and Caesar was a 'salad dressing dude'.

Before I watched the movie, I actually thought Napoleon was some random guy who invented Neapolitan ice cream. 

On the subject of Bill and Ted, my uncle is actually in the credits of the third movie.

A couple of years ago when he recorded himself doing an air guitar for the credits, I didn't know what the hell he was doing. I thought he was trying to shoo a bug or something. 

Now I understand.

It is most excellent.

So if you watch the credits of the third Bill and Ted movie (Bill and Ted face the music), you will eventually see two guys air guitaring in front of a giant sign that says 'Brisbane'.

That's my uncle and his friend. Cool, right?

And how could I forget this. It's not exactly Bill and Ted related, but oh well.

So one day at school, my best friend gets her laptop out to take some photos of me, her and another one of my friends so she can set them as her home screen.

While my best friend is setting the camera up, my other friend does an air guitar, saying it'd be a cool pose, before promptly falling on her butt.

How she fell, I have no idea.

She got up and we all laughed it off. And now I imagine Bill and Ted air guitaring, and then falling on their butts.