The ✨ATM incident✨

So a few weeks ago I ordered a new credit card over the phone. I was told to go into the banking app and set a pin, which I did.

The card arrived a few days later and I tried to use it to pay for petrol when I filled up my car, but it declined. Same thing happened when I tried nearly a week later.

And then one day me and my dad went to an ATM because we needed some cash.

I put my card into the ATM, entered my pin and the transaction amount.

The machine told me I had entered the wrong pin so I tried again.

The error message popped up again, so I tried a different variation of the pin. It didn't work.

Just as I entered my pin again, for the third time, my dad warned me that if I entered an incorrect pin too many times the machine would keep my card.

The machine said I had entered the wrong pin too many times and my card was now retained by the machine.

"What the heck?!" I yelled (kinda).

I got kind of annoyed, because I didn't understand why the pin I'd set didn't work.

And then my dad got mad at me for being annoyed at the machine. He said that I should have reacted calmly and there was no need to be annoyed at the machine because it was technically my fault.

He also said he wouldn't help me order a new card over the phone, so I ended up doing it myself.

A few days later my new card arrived and we took it to an ATM. The first time it said I entered the incorrect pin, I took the card out and set the pin in the app again. And since then it's worked fine.

The day I lost my card I wasn't very happy. But now I just look back on it and laugh because I didn't react calmly.

But at least my card works now, I guess.