Ready or not

So the other day I was at my grandparents place (on my mum's side. So her mum and dad). Me, my mum and my dad got there and were greeted by their dogs.

We were celebrating my mum getting a new car. There was a huge ass turkey in the middle of the table as well as lots of other food.

We all sat down and there was an empty seat, yet there was still cutlery there. It was like we were waiting for someone else.

Ding dong

The doorbell rang and my dad went to get it. I entertained myself by watching the dogs play fight each other.

I heard footsteps and I looked up to see my dad walking back towards the table followed by flipping Keanu Reeves.

I swear I nearly choked on air.

So they sat down and we all did a toast to my mum and her new car.

Then we just ate and talked for ages.

After we were finished eating, I suggested we try to burn off the calories by doing some exercise.

My dad suggested hide and seek and everyone agreed.

So we all piled into my mum's car. With Keanu there was no room in the back seat so I just lay in the boot. It felt like I was being kidnapped but it was fine.

We eventually arrived at an abandoned warehouse.

There were mixed reactions.

"Perfect!" Me.

"Wtf?" Mum.

"We might befriend some ghosts!" Keanu.

So my mum's dad was voted to be the counter.

I ran for the flippin' hills, dude.

I climbed up into a smallish hole close to the roof and saw my mum, Keanu and my dad running around like headless chickens (bok bok).

Soon my mum's dad (let's call him Gret. idk lol) finished counting and started looking.

I was found third.

My mum's mum (let's call her Est) was found second.

Mum was found last.

Dad was found first.

Keanu was found fourth.

We played several more games until eventually I was tired and so was everyone else.

But we all didn't want to go home so Keanu suggested tag.

On motorcycles.

With gel blasters.

Sounds fun! What could possibly go wrong?

So we all ended up chasing each other around the streets, shooting gel balls at each other.

It was chaotic, to say the least.

The last thing I remember was Keanu chasing my dad into the abandoned warehouse.

Then I woke up.

Yep, the whole thing was a dream.

What, did you think it was real?

Did you actually think that Keanu Reeves would come to my grandparents house randomly?

Wrongo.

It was an interesting dream, though. One of my personal favorites.