004

October 3rd, 1984

October 3rd, 1984

••••••••

Lunchtime, finally hit.
Everyone was walking down towards the lunchroom, I was walking down with Ali and Susa, we couldn't find Barbra.

"How has your first day been so far?" Susan asked me, holding her books to her chest.

It's actually be pretty good, luckily in my 2nd period with Johnny I wasn't sat next to him, but I still have one or two more classes with him, but hopefully my luck will stay the same.

It's just terrible because both of our names start with 'La' so it's very easy for us to be matched together in things.

"It's been good." I nodded my head, slowly starting to smile.

In fact I've been able to sit beside all my friends, Bobby, Tommy, and Susan, man my luck has been on the role today. It'll probably break soon.

"Where is your tray, Y/N?" Ali asked.

I held up my lunch box, I didn't choose to eat school food, it was disgusting, and pitiful. All three of us walked through the line, while they grabbed food, I just walked with them.

"Y/N." I heard a familiar voice say, the girls turned around before me. They both looked disgusted as they quickly walked off towards the lunch lady who handled the money.

I turned around seeing Johnny. I rolled my eyes, not bothering to say hello, as I kept moving with the lines.

Johnny cut in front of this guy, as he walked behind me.

"What are you a stalker or somethin?" I asked, waiting for the person in front of me to move out of my way.

"Lemme pay for your food." Johnny told me holding up a couple dollars, as well as his food he had on his tray.

"I brung food from home," I sighed, quickly walking off as soon as I got to the lunch lady, Johnny quickly following behind me.

"You telling me you don't want nothing from the vending machine?"

"Why do you care so much for paying for my food?"

"I guess, it's my way of apologizing." Johnny mumbled, his voice really hard to hear. Almost like he lost his voice. I could tell he doesn't like apologizing.

"Wonderful Apology. If you excuse me, I'm going to sit with my friends." I very slightly smiled, before walking past him towards the rest of girls.