009

October 7th, 1984

October 7th, 1984

•••

Daniel still hasn't figured out, I planned on telling my mom soon though. Daniel, maybe later on.

I was leaned up against my locker, talking to Barbra. I couldn't find Susan or Ali, I think they haven't go to school yet.

"How was your first date?" Barbra asked, holding her books against her chest, leaned on her side on the lockers.

I was waiting for that question to come, I could've told her everything, but I didn't plan on having a reputation of having a motor mouth.

"It was real good." I told her, starting to remember the littlest details of that date.

"What date?" I heard, I jumped at the third voice coming in. I turned around seeing Daniel, oh no, no.

Barbra stayed quiet, she was a terrible liar. She knew to not say a single word.

"Uh- Daniel, I can explain."

"Who's the lucky guy?"

"Their was no guy, me and Ali went on a uh... best friends date."

I said, he squinted his eyes a little bit till he nodded his head. "Had fun?" He asked me, I nodded my head, giving a relief smile.

"Speaking of Ali, have you seen her?" I asked, starting to look around again, just in case she came in while I wasn't looking.

"She said she'd be a little late going to school." He told me, walking off trying to find some company.

Me and Barbra started to talking again, I was so close to getting busted. Let's just hope if Daniels asks Ali anything about our "best friends date" she will play along.

"So, do you got your eye on anybody?" I asked, giving her a grin. Barbra's face turned bright red, and it wasn't from her pink blush.

"You could say that..." she mumbled, looking over to the guys.

I saw Johnny, having a light brownish shirt, with a collar neck, and some tan looking pants on. Hot. Handsome. Perfect.

"Ah, which one is he?" I asked her, guessing which guy it could be.

"It's Tommy. He's so goofy, and it makes me so happy," Barbra told me, her eyes locked onto Tommy.

"Well, sitting here and starring isn't going to help. Let's go." I told her, grabbing her hand, dragging her over to the guys.