018

October 23rd, 1984

October 23rd, 1984

•••

Me and Johnny
are sitting on the beach, he just finished his practice, and he wanted to take me to the beach to make it up to me.

"Come on, let me take you to that restaurant." He told me, getting up and pointing towards this fancy restaurant that was on the beach.

I grabbed his hand, as we walked over to the large building.

"Johnny that place is to fancy for me," I complained, as he dragged me towards the restaurant anyways.

"I'll pay." He reassured me.

Me and Johnny were sitting at this table, with an ocean view. It had the best French fries, their was rich seasoning spread all over them.

"Enjoying this?" He asked, seeing how I ate the French fries, come on this shit is amazing, my mom can cook and these French fries are better than hers.

"Y/N, I gotta tell you somethin." Johnny told me, my heart sunk, I hate those words.

"Yeah?" I asked, putting the French fry I was about to eat down.

"Your brother is going in the tournament. So I can't touch em' till the tournament."

I felt like I was about to choke on my water, I grabbed my napkin to wipe the little water I spilled on my chin.

Why would Daniel join the tournament? He could easily get hurt, he doesn't have enough experience.

"Why would he do that?" I groaned, rubbing my forehead in frustration.

"It's okay, Y/N. Let him make his own choices, Hm?" Johnny told me. Grabbing my hand that was on the table.

I sighed nodding my head, he's right Daniel is old enough to know what he's getting himself into. "You coming?" Johnny asked.

You could tell he wasn't trying to show it, but wanted you to come. "Why wouldn't I?" I smiled, he smiled back hearing my response.

He looked down at his food, hiding his little blush he had on his face. "Blushing, Lawerence?" I teased.

He quickly looked up, shaking his head. "No, it's just hot outside." He told me, lying straight though his lips.

I smiled gently, it's not how he'll hide this type of stuff. Even though he wouldn't admit it, everyday that goes by he starts becoming more open, and more vulnerable towards you.

"Johnny hon, what are you doin' here?" I heard a semi-familiar voice, I turned around seeing Laura and Sid. Johnnys mom and stepdad.

I stiffened your a little, his mother was sweet I've already met her, but Sid, no I haven't, and the things I've heard about him I didn't plan on wanting to meet him.

"Taking my girlfriend on a date, mom." Johnny said, as Laura came in to give me a hug.

"Always nice to see you, Y/N. Have you met sid?" Laura greeted, and asked me.

I opened my mouth like I was to say something, I saw Sid a beer in his hand, looking like one of those chubby rich guys who order everyone.

"No, no I haven't." I smiled, looking at Laura.

"Sid this is Y/N, Johnnys girlfriend." Laura said pointing towards me, I smiled trying not to show how I was feeling.

"Kid, let me give you some advice. Your dating a little boy, you see that black eye. He's a pussy," Sid laughed.

I rolled my eyes, looking away from situation, "You sit on your fat ass all day, who's the really pussy?" Johnny replied, his fist stiffening, his knuckles turning white.

"Kid you better watch it, I'll whip your ass in front of all these people." Sid said pointing his finger in Johnnys face.

Laura stopped Sid from what he was doing, walking away from us.

I looked at Johnny his tongue sticking out through his cheek, his fists still a little tight.

"Johnny-" I was about to say until he cut me off,

"I don't wanna talk about it." Johnny quickly replied.

I looked down at my food, giving him some space. I wanted to let him cool off.

"Sorry princess , I didn't mean to snap at you like that alright? He just gets the best of me sometimes." Johnny told me rubbing my hand in forgiveness.