How It All Began

After Bucky's escape from the Siberian Hydra facility he lived as a nomad, never staying in one place for too long, until one winter day in Romania. The snow was coming down in thick sheets of white. The street was illuminated by the warm lights of the stores.
He saw at the end of the cobblestone street was a quaint cafe called "Confections Kisses" and right by the fogged up window he saw you.

You had the soft golden hues of the setting sun kissing your skin as you handed the patron their steaming hot beverage with a gentle smile gracing your face. If he didn't know any better he would've thought you were an Angel in disguise but he knew how cruel the world could be first hand and could only hope you weren't tainted by the dark corners of the world. You had a smile that lit up the entire street, and made him feel just a little bit lighter in perspective. The world was a dark place to him, but one look at your face, and something just clicked inside of him. He looked at you one last time before making his way down the busy main streets back to his small apartment that he liked to call home at least for a little while longer till his next adventure began.

You turned to look out the window feeling a pull on your very soul. Deep in the busy streets you saw a man walking further into the crowd. There was something about him, maybe the mysterious aura to him or the solemn look that graced his face before he turned away and made his way down the street blending into the surroundings. You sighed softly to yourself, and wondered softly if you would see the mysterious, handsome stranger again. You rarely felt that pull, that made you want to follow after him, but here you were. You looked to the next patron, and graced them with a soft smile asking what they'd like.

This routine went on for days before Bucky found the courage to step inside the quaint cafe you worked at. As he stepped foot into the building a bell was heard and he heard the sweetest voice call out
"Salut welcome to Confections Kisses" looking to his left he saw you with the brightest smile he gave a small smile in return. "So mystery man, what can I get for you today?" You asked him with a raised eyebrow. He can hardly remember the last time someone asked him for something instead of ordering him around and making demands, granted his actions weren't his own but even then he was ordered around in the military as a howling commando he didn't have a say in the situation.
"Ummmm I've actually never had anything like this and don't know what would be good" He told you timidly feeling slightly ashamed of himself for not knowing more.
"That's perfectly fine. No need to worry, do you have any likes and dislikes?" you asked him
"I enjoy plums and chocolate cakes or anything made with chocolate. I've been having a bit of memory issues. And I'm not really a fan of crazy sweet things." he told you with a small smile growing on his face.
"Well I think I have the perfect thing for you" you stepped away grabbing a sweet treat and began making some type of hot drink.
"So I made you a Hot Cocoa and some Plum jam with Cardamom and ginger to go with our buttermilk scones. Cocoa powder offers neuron protection and enhances cognition, while the plum improves brain function and thinking. Cardamom is an anti-inflammatory and ginger reduces muscle pain." You spoke with an air of intelligence. Bucky was in awe of what you had just told him. He hadn't been properly taken care of in a long time, maybe by that man Steve a long, long time ago. He wished he could remember more of his past before Hydra turned him into this beast that he was now.

After that day Bucky would continue his daily visits to the Cafe and would spend hours there either talking to you or simply enjoying the atmosphere and the white noise around the cafe.
Bucky felt something with you, he actually felt like his old self again, not just the empty shell he had been. He was finally living, he wasn't just existing anymore and that was all thanks to you. Bucky had a reason to continue on and actually felt like he had a home again, not just a temporary living arrangement that he'd eventually leave behind.

Almost a year after he first came into the cafe he walked right up to you with such confidence that you'd only see on rare occasions when you two were alone. He gently reached out with his right hand to hold yours, still feeling uncomfortable with the control of his left. He had told you about his arm and what he could remember and claiming all the neuron boosting dishes you had fed him helped in his recovery. As soon as his fingers interlocked with your own he kissed your knuckles and asked if he could talk to you in the back real quick, You of course told him that he could and he brought you into the back office of your little cafe. As soon as the door was shut he had pulled out a small bundle of soft white honeysuckles and lavender from behind his back.