Penny for your thoughts

After your conversation with Tony you made your way back to your shared suite with Bucky and slipped inside.
You walked to the door of your master bedroom and saw Bucky sitting at the foot of the bed waiting for you with the palms of his hands resting against his face adding pressure to his eye sockets.

You slowly shut the door and stood between Bucky's legs.
"Penny for your thoughts, baby?" You asked, pulling his hands slowly away from his face.
"Nothing much, just thinking." He muttered slightly in a daze from the sudden pressure change.
"I know there's a lot more going on. I won't pry but I'm here when you're ready to talk." you leaned down and kissed the top of his head giving him a moment to gather his thoughts while you got ready for bed.

You went into the closet grabbing a navy blue silk negligee that ended at your mid thigh. After you had left the closet you made your way over to the Master bath to finish your nightly routine of brushing your hair and teeth before moving on to your skin care routine.

Once you were done in the bathroom you weaved your way silently around the room tidying up anything that seemed out of place from that morning.
"I keep thinking about how much has changed in the last three days and how they've already found us. I should've known better. I should've protected you more." He spoke with a forlorn expression gracing his face.
"You've protected me perfectly fine, James. You deserve a rest after all these years. Let us protect you for once, please." You pleaded, stepping back between his legs.
"I can't help it. I feel like everywhere I go someone is put in danger; At least in Romania we didn't have to worry about them finding us as easily. I miss home." He muttered slowly tracing his hands up to rest on your silk covered hips.
"I miss home too, we've made amazing memories there but just think of all the amazing ones we'll make here. You have to keep your head up, James." You said while placing both hands on his stubbled face bringing his gaze up to meet your eyes.
"I try too. I think the feeling of being alone and feeling like an outcast is happening again. The new environment and people all happening spontaneously is throwing me off. We're always so structured that there's no surprises and it's comforting. Now all of this is thrown at us and I don't know how to feel about it, maybe overwhelmed like I have no control over what's happening again." He spoke passionately about the situation the both of you ended up in.
"I know, and I'm so proud of you for trying to come out of your shell. Just remember to go at your own pace and I should have noticed sooner how you might have felt about everything going so quickly." You said apologetically.
"It's okay, I was trying not just for you but myself and I think I pushed myself too far in a short amount of time." He gave a light squeeze to your hips.
"How about we spend the day in the suite tomorrow and watch some movies? It would be our weekly movie marathon day." You suggested with a small smile.
"That sounds nice. Maybe we could ask Steve to join?" He asked softly.
"Anyone you want here is welcome, My love." You urged to cheer him up.

The rest of your evening was spent in each other's arms making small talk about your upcoming future together.
You slowly began to nod off with your head resting on Bucky's firm chest listening to the steady beating of his heart and the rise and fall of his lungs as they inhaled and exhaled the air around you.

While your eyes slowly fluttered shut Bucky kept his attention on you making sure you were fully asleep before he would even think about falling asleep himself.
This was something he would do every night making sure you were comfortable and resting before he could do the same.

The next morning when you had woken up you saw that Bucky was still in a deep sleep.
You wanted him to rest a bit longer before having to wake him up for the day.

Slowly you slid out of his hold making your way to the bathroom to wash up before putting on a satin robe and walking down the halls of your suite before exiting your suite to the main hall of the compound.

You made your way to the kitchen and saw that the clock on the stove showed that it was five forty six in the morning and figured you'd start on making a big breakfast for everyone and taking two plates back to your room to eat with Bucky in bed.
While you were scrambling the eggs you could hear someone making their way into the kitchen.
Right as you finished cooking the last of the eggs you turned to defend yourself with the spatula in your hand pointing it at the intruder.

You took a quick glance at the intruder before bursting out in laughter seeing that you were about to slap Steve in the face with a spatula with little bits of eggs on it.
The expression on his face was priceless before he joined in on your laughter.

"Good morning Steve," you tried to say between laughs.
"Good morning little spatula warrior" he beamed out. "What in the world are you doing?" he asked breathlessly.
"I'm making breakfast for everyone," you finally caught a breath.
"This is a nice treat, I was going to make breakfast" Steve grinned watching as you went back to the sausages.
"Well, you can help" you smiled over your shoulder at him.
"Let me take over the sausages" he offered and you stepped back, heading to go whisk the eggs. "What are your plans for today?" he asked curiously.
"My poor James has been going through a lot. I thought we would stay in the suite and watch some movies today. How about you join us?" you gave a soft smile in his direction.
"I'd love to. I've missed Bucky" Steve nodded. "It's nice getting to know you better as well"
"I have to agree, it's been wonderful that we are getting to know one another. Dear James seems to like that we are doing that much" you smiled to yourself as you finished whisking the eggs. You moved easily around the kitchen, putting the eggs on to cook and standing close to Steve while you watched over your eggs. You saw he was doing a marvelous job with the sausages. You braved moving away from the eggs long enough to start on the stewed tomatoes, and grabbing the bacon to cook as well. Steve finished with the sausages and took over doing the bacon for you. You finished the eggs and made some hash quickly, not wanting to miss out on anything important. As soon as you finished you plated some food for you and Bucky, while Steve grabbed some for himself.
"I'm going to bring this to sweet James," you advised him. "Will you come in, say, an hour?"
"I'll be there" Steve nodded, heading to his own suite to have his breakfast.

Bucky woke up the moment you came into the room, seeming a little distressed that you weren't still in his arms.
"Good morning, love" you smiled radiantly at him. "I've made breakfast" you announced.
"Good morning" his voice came out a little gravelly as he sat up. You hurried over to the bed and sat down beside him, putting the plate on his lap.
"Since we are staying in and watching movies today, I invited Steve over to join us in an hour. Eat your breakfast" you encouraged him and he gave a soft smile, puckering up his lips wanting a kiss. You leaned forward and kissed him softly, being mindful of both of your plates.
"What did I ever do to deserve you?" he mused.
"You are a good man" you reached up and touched his cheek and he leaned into your touch with a loving gaze.
"And you are an amazing woman" he sighed happily before he started digging into his breakfast. You both ate in silence, just enjoying the morning for what it was. When you were finished, you grabbed both of your dishes and Bucky tried to fight you on it. "Doll" he gave a warning tone.
"James" you pouted in protest.
"Let me take the dishes out" he argued with you. You gave a soft pout but finally consented with a nod. He took both of your dishes and rushed out of the room. You took a moment to make the bed and head out to the living room in the suite.
You curled up on the couch, and Bucky walked back in and gave you a gentle smile.
"I saw Stevie in the hallway, he's coming" he kept you updated as he headed towards you. He quickly grabbed the remote control and sat next to you, putting his right arm up over your shoulder and pulled you in close. You nuzzled into his strong chest and he hummed happily tightening his grip on you.
"Am I late?" Steve came in.
"Get in here Punk" Bucky called him in. Steve came in and hurried up to moving to the chair and he sat down, and crossed his legs.
"So, what are we watchin?" Steve asked as he got comfortable.

Word count: 1606

Thank you so much for writing most of this chapter BlueEyedGirl83xo