Arrogance and Nightmares

Steve had made his way to the Quinjet before you and Bucky had even gotten out of the vehicle.  As Steve reached the back of the jet the hatch began opening and the one and only Tony Stark had jumped out and made his way over to you and Bucky.
"Hello Ms.L/N. I'm a big fan of your parents and their work." Tony said while shaking your hand and completely ignoring Bucky.
"At least someone was a fan of them." You said not caring how Tony thought of you.
"I don't understand what you mean Ms.L/N.?" Tony questioned
"I don't think that's any of your concern Mr.Stark." You huffed out in annoyance.
"Just asking. Gosh." Tony rolled his eyes at you.
"You should treat her with respect Mr.Stark." Bucky finally spoke.
"Can it TinMan." Tony shot out.
"Tony stop it now." Steve stepped in, wanting this trip to be semi relaxing for everyone.
"You're taking his side." Tony almost yelled out and pointed at Bucky, Causing him to take a step back and push you slightly behind him to protect you if anything happened.
"Tony just get in the jet." Steve said, obviously fed up with Tony's attitude by now.

Tony marched back to the jet and muttered to himself about how Cap should've been on his side and how the daughter of his idols didn't act like her parents.
You simply rolled your eyes at him, you were tired and wanted nothing more than to cuddle with James.

Steve led the two of you to the hatch and inside to some seats.
After you got inside you and Bucky went and sat together. Tony wouldn't speak to either of you, so Steve took you through the safety protocol of the Quinjet. You were thankful to have someone like Steve with you and Bucky.

During take off it was as smooth and a take off could go. You felt relaxed and yesterday's stress was finally subsiding along with the exhaustion from this morning's activities finally catching up with you.
"Hey, Love. What's up?" Bucky asked with concern.   
"I'm okay James. Just a little sleepy is all." You told him with a yawn.
"I can understand that. Yesterday was a wild ride." He said in a soft voice. His voice alone could lull you to sleep.
"I'm sure you're exhausted as well James." You said while brushing his hair away from his face.
"Hey, Steve. How long will it take to get to New York?" Bucky called over to Steve who was co piloting.
"About eight hours. The Jets are going pretty fast. A regular plane would take you about twelve hours." He leaned back slightly so he could be heard clearly.
"Alright, thank you." Bucky said while turning to face you again.
"Why don't we get some sleep for now?" Bucky asked while bringing you closer knowing his body heat would have you out in second.  You could only hum in response agreeing the sleep sounded fantastic at the moment.
"Sleep well, Doll. I love you." Bucky whispered to you before humming a soft little tone.
"You too, James. I love you." You whispered nuzzling deeper into his neck taking a deep breath before relaxing fully in his arms.

"I must admit they're pretty cute together." Tony mumbled out loud to Steve.
"They're good for each other." Steve agreed to Tony's statement about the sleeping couple.
"Don't tell them I said that Roger's" Tony sassed at Steve.
"Don't tease them too much Tony. They just packed up their whole lives in less than twenty four hours." Steve tried to reason with Tony.
"I'll tease them a little bit." Tony said while attempting to pout but was failing miserably at it.
"Please stop whatever face you're making." Steve looked at Tony looking slightly traumatized.
"I'm pouting and I look amazing. Thank you very much." Tony said with a huff.
"Whatever you say pal." Steve said knowing if he said anything else Tony's ego would be bruised.

The rest of the trip was mostly silent and all that could be heard was the soft breaths you and Bucky would make.
Steve knew you were both exhausted with how you both were acting on the drive over. Bucky was aware of everything around him but would close his eyes every now and then to rest while you were in a daze wrapped in Bucky's arms. Steve could only think about how happy the two of you were together before his train of thought was broken by Bucky.
He was muttering for someone to stop over and over.
"Stop, Please stop. Don't hurt her. Stop." Bucky muttered, and tightened his hold on you.

As you felt a little more pressure applied on your shoulder you woke up knowing exactly what was happening.
"Shhh It's okay my love. They won't get you, we're safe." You cooed softly trying to gently wake him up from his nightmare.
"James, you're safe. I have you." you gently brushed a piece of hair away from his sweaty forehead. You knew gentle motions and tones were important at times like these.
Bucky was still tense. It was one of the bad ones where he'd be stuck. You couldn't wake him up no matter what.
Tony, being the type of person he was, noticed this and tried to play around by making the jet hit some turbulence.
"What are you doing you moron." You hissed out.
"Trying to help wake him up." He said innocently.
"I don't know if you know but people with PTSD get night terrors and waking them could cause major issues not only for him but us as well." You said trying to remain calm.