Sweet Girl

You were woken up by a blinding light and aching muscles. You slowly sat up with a light grunt escaping your dried cracking lips.
"Hey,hey, hey. Lay back down, you need to rest." A muffled voice sounded from beside you causing you to jump slightly in a panic.
"Barnes, we need you over here." Another voice called. When you realized you were surrounded by people and the only thing your panicked state could understand was that you had been tortured and then your memory went blank after the ice in the cryo chamber engulfed your frame.

"Hey, Angel." A voice softly called from the doorway while Bruce and Tony squeezed past and exited the room you had been placed in.
"James." Your bottom lip wobbled as tears began to form in your eyes, while you pushed your legs to hang off the side of the bed so you could face his figure.
"I'm here, Sweet girl." He softly uttered while walking up to your bedside and taking your battered form into a sweet embrace.
"I thought I was never gonna get out of there." You sobbed against his firm chest listening to the steady beat of his heart.
"I know, sweetheart. I was looking for you day and night." He placed a hand on the back of your head tangling his fingers between your knotted hair but stopped when he saw your body lightly flitch at the slight tug from your hair.
"I'm okay. Just pulled a knot." You whimpered as he pulled a little further away from your malnourished body.
"Can I brush your hair?" He asked softly looking down at your red tear stained face.
"Please." You begged slightly, jutting out your bottom lip feeling slightly content at the sense of some normality in your life again.
"Anything for you. Would you like something to eat or anything else?" He slowly let go of you still holding your outstretched hand before reaching the tips of your fingers and grabbing the soft bristled brush.
"Ummm, Could I just have a croissant with some chocolate spread on it." You pulled your hands closely to your body waiting for an answer.
"Of course you can, Love. Would you like anything to drink." Bucky reassured you as he pulled out his cell phone and messaged someone letting them know about your request.
"Maybe some Hot Cocoa." You lightly spoke in response.
"I'll let them know." He smiled softly while walking back towards you with the hairbrush in hand. "Can you turn around for me? Or do you want me to go behind you?" He asked, making sure to make eye contact with you.
"I don't think I can move much still." You spoke honestly.
"That's okay, Doll. No need to concern yourself with it." He lightly encouraged you while moving around the bed to begin brushing out the month and a half old mats in your hair.
"When you're done eating, would you like to take a shower or a bath?" He gently separated your hair into sections before brushing each bit out with so much care.
"I think a bath would be best." You relaxed ever so slightly feeling the tight knots finally detangled from your scalp.
"Are you feeling a little better, Sweet Girl." He asked after braiding your hair back away from your face.
You only gave a pleased hum in response with your eyes closed shut until you felt him step away slightly before going towards the door.
"Please don't leave me." You begged with teary eyes thinking he was going to leave you alone.
"Darling I'm not going anywhere just grabbing your food from Natasha. I didn't know if you'd want to see anymore people right now." He cooed lightly, understanding your reaction perfectly.
"Okay. Can you get Peter? I want to see him." You asked while Bucky handed you your plate and sat your steaming mug of hot cocoa on the small side table beside the bed.
"Of course I can. He has missed you almost as much as I have." He whispered into your ear before kissing the side of your head.
"You missed." You pouted slightly missing the feeling of his warm plump lips on your own.
"I did not, I was just getting started." He began kissing all over your face before finally placing a loving kiss against your lips. He then pulled out his phone and sent a quick message to Peter telling him that you wanted to see him.

Shortly after the message was sent a light knock sounded from the light gray metal door of the room. Bucky called out a short response to come in and the door opened with a slight squeak from the hinges.
"Hey, Mom. I missed you." Peter spoke softly while walking towards the bed where you were now lying down comfortably and eating your croissant happily before looking up in shock at what Peter had just called you.
"Did he just say what I think he said or have I really gone crazy?" You looked up at Bucky waiting for him to confirm what you had just heard.
"He did, Doll. He's wanted to call you that for a long while now." Bucky confirmed with a growing smile on his face.
"Oh." Was all you could get out as the tears began to build up in your eyes.
"Mom, please don't cry." Peter spoke sadly while wrapping his arms around your upper body trying to avoid your meal sitting on your lap.
"Say it again, please." You sniffled asking him lightly.
"I love you, Mom. And I love you too, Dad." He squeezed you ever so slightly before he felt a set of arms wrap around him as well.
"I love you both with all that I am." Bucky spoke with a slight tremble in his voice.
"And I love the two of you dearly." You added in with a whimper.

What the three of you didn't realize was the small audience that seemed to flock in front of the closed door to your temporary room.
"They really needed this time alone." Steve spoke while quickly wiping a tear away from his eye before it could make its descent down his cheek.
"It was and I'm glad we are even getting to be a part of their journey together." Loki spoke with a small smile climbing his lips knowing this is what the three of you needed in order to carry on with your lives together as a growing family.
"They have been through so much together already." Natasha uttered in a sullen tone seeping through her voice.
"They have but their bond grew closer through their time apart." Thor's voice suddenly cut in with agreement.
"I don't know how they do it." Tony spoke in amazement.
"Do what." Sam asked in confusion.
"How easily being a parent came to them. They're incredibly caring and selfless, willing to give up anything for those they care about. When life just keeps breaking them down." Tony answered lightly, feeling amazed at the two of you.
"They've wanted this for a long time. Growing up Bucky always talked about settling down after the war with a Dame that would sweep him off his feet almost as much as he did for her. He wanted the whole shabang. The white picket fence, big yard for the dog they'd get for their family, and a boat load of kids." Steve told them with a small smile thinking about the good ole days when the two didn't have a care in the world.
"He always wanted that life? He doesn't really seem like the type." Sam asked with curiosity, lacing his tone.
"He was quite the romantic and still is. He's always wanted to be a family man and wanted to have a big family just like his parents." Steve added on thinking about the Barnes family.
"A big family?" Wanda asked with a confused expression along with the others.
"Indeed, His family was practically my adoptive family. There was his Mom, Whinnifred Barnes and then his Dad, George Barnes. And then his siblings; he was one of four.
Bucky was the eldest then his younger sister Rebbeca then Frances and the youngest Barnes sibling little Mary. She was an absolute doll." Steve gave the team a little more information on his past with the Barnes family and who they were until the metal door opened and showed an unamused man standing in the door frame.
"You are so loud out here. Peter and her are sleeping and she's  going to wake up in a panicked state again if you keep speaking so loudly out here." Bucky spoke calmly, taking little backwards glances towards you to ensure that you were still resting peacefully in the bed cuddling Peter into your side.
"And stop exposing me." Bucky turned walking back towards you and Peter with a slight blush on his burning cheeks.
"I speak only the truth, Jerk." Steve now said in a whisper.
"I did not consent to this, Punk." He bantered back with a glare.
"Alright, I yield." Steve raised his hands up in surrender with a light laugh.
"Damn right you yield." Bucky smirked before standing up and shutting the door once more.
The team stayed and talked quietly outside the door for a while longer before going on about their daily tasks